It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1000 Chinese spies in Australia?!?!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Two Chinese men have requested political asylum from Australia. These two men are unique because of the positions they held, and the claims they have made.

The first one, Chen Yonglin, was the first secretary at the Chinese consulate in Sydney. China is seeking his return, and he has gone into hiding with his family. The second, Hao Fengjun, claims to have worked in the Chinese Security Agency in Tianjin. He came to Australia as a tourist, and then requested asylum when he snuck away from his tour group.

When Chen Yonglin defected, he told Australia officials that China had up to 1000 spies operating in their country. Of course, China denied it. But now the second defector is backing up his claim.

Wow, if Australia rates 1000 spies, can you even begin to imagine how many there are in the US?

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
How can you use one situation to make a point about a completely different one? I fail to see you logic.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
You're assuming that I'm using logic and/or trying to make a point.

Sorry, I was kind of thinking of another thread where someone was talking about China invading the US via Canada. It must have wandered into this post. I know that the methods they have been describing to get spies in could be applied to my country, and our embassy in China was comprimised for a time (I hope they fixed that). That makes me wonder how many could be in my country.

I guess that's how the US got in there. Maybe I should have wondered, how many could there be in Canada?

new topics

join