It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
hi
i belive that there are aliens, and i can't understand why some people belive that there are not. the universe is so vast, that it is unconprihenceable. [sorry, can't spell] i belive that we are just a normal planet, in a normal system, in a normal galaxy; maybe in a very normal universe... could even be a multi-verse.
so, the fact that humans are not alone in the universe is something that we are going to have to get over, maybe tomorrow, maybe 10 years, maybe a millon... but it is a fact that we have to accept.
i spoke to a christian yesterday, and put the question of aliens to her. this is what she said: "god created us; god only created us." how can people still say that? why? i do belive that there is a god, and, it created this universe dueing the big bang. but, are we just a mistake...? is my freind right? i don`t belive so. god; this 'energy' created us, and all life that exists, including extra-terristals.
we have only been around a few thousand years (intellgence as it is now) it is apporixmatly 10 000 years since the stone age, so, ets must be far in advance of us. what do YOU belive???

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Yes here ET is:

files.abovetopsecret.com...

...just one of many different kinds of beings!

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by blue_sky_9
i spoke to a christian yesterday, and put the question of aliens to her. this is what she said: "god created us; god only created us." how can people still say that?

As was stated in the movie "Contact", if it was only us, it would be an awful waste of space.

[edit on 7-6-2005 by Junkheap]

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Today is your graduation day.

Things required to graduate in the alien\ufo conspiracy theorist buisness:
1)Be an apprentice to gazrok and respect him
2)read the lacerta files imp
3)read the dulce files very imp
4)if you are a die hard christen then goto www.thewatcherfiles.com
5)Read all the ufo\alien topics at ats from jan 1 2005.
and now you are a jedi like us.

and oh may the force be with you.

[edit on 7-6-2005 by warthog911]

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I love ET. He's so cute.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
i think that aliens have visited us in the past, but, no longer vistit us. i mean, why should they? (unless they needed our DNA)

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   

1)Be an apprentice to gazrok and respect him

Hey, did you just include me with Dulce and Lacerta stuff???

You know my thoughts on those two, hehe....

Thanks for the nod, but I'm an average Joe like most folks, who is just WAY too into all this stuff...

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Thanks for the nod, but I'm an average Joe like most folks, who is just WAY too into all this stuff...

Oh don't be so modest, it's not very becoming.

I agree with warthog, but in line with what Gaz said, you might want to take Lacerta and Dulce with a grain of salt.

A lot of people probably don't want to think there's more to this universe than just us. As a whole, the human species is very arrogant, and likes to think we're top of the heap. Anything that would prove that wrong is "crazy." And a lot of people have been raised to think that the Bible is the truth, as written, and anything else is heresy or blasphemous. Whether it's true or not, I personally think it's more insane to close one's mind like that than to just listen and decide for one's self.

Another reason is that over the past 60+ years, UFOs and ETs have been fed into fiction at such a high rate that the common perception is ET=SciFi. In fact, most people can't even think of Science Fiction without thinking of aliens and space travel. Some of the conspiracy theorists tend towards we were intentionally made to believe that to discredit any reports of aliens or saucers. I'll try and refrain from biasing you on that and let you research those theories for yourself to see where you fall.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Welcome blue_sky_9.

You have some interesting thoughts on religious people not accepting the possibility of alien life, but several here believe in both. Personally, I don't believe in God, but believe in life. I think if it is possible for life to exist anywhere, it will.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   

i spoke to a christian yesterday, and put the question of aliens to her. this is what she said: "god created us; god only created us."

This is called personal ignorance and personally i don't think is only religion.Like Hal9000 pointed out,there are a lot of people who believe in God and alien life.I think that your friend is still young maybe,and in time will accumulate more information and maybe change her views

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
"I agree with warthog, but in line with what Gaz said, you might want to take Lacerta and Dulce with a grain of salt"

Anything you read anywhere , you might want to take with a grain of salt.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reilgon is very important-it teaches us the right from wrong, and the question of life on other planets brings into question reiligon, and therefore we get the old science vs reilgon. most people, in my opinon, would rather take the path with all the answers. (not me. personally my life would be very boring without questioning anything.
)

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   

reilgon is very important-it teaches us the right from wrong, and the question of life on other planets brings into question reiligon, and therefore we get the old science vs reilgon.

Maybe other members can help me here since i don't know a lot about religion,but it is my impression that one does not negate other.Religion does not necessarily negate alien life ( or maybe some religions do ?).
I've heard with my own ears lately a lot of priests and church higher ups saying that maybe we misunderstood their message all along,and that they never said we are the only ones....What they said was that God created us,but i guess they forgot to answer the question :"Are there any other beings created by God"
.Either that,or the question was never put in the past.
See,i think i am a christian also,my parents were,but i don't go to church.I never remember them telling me what your friend told you.
Do not blame religion,blame the twists that people gave it through time.
And if i may ask you a question : Do you really think that without religion you won't know right from wrong ?

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bursuc

i spoke to a christian yesterday, and put the question of aliens to her. this is what she said: "god created us; god only created us."

This is called personal ignorance and personally i don't think is only religion.Like Hal9000 pointed out,there are a lot of people who believe in God and alien life.I think that your friend is still young maybe,and in time will accumulate more information and maybe change her views

I would ask her why she thinks or believes that God would create such a humongous universe and only populate one planet. I believe that God may have indeed created other races on other planets at different times and I believe that they would all have been created in God's image, meaning that they may not all look the same as us but they would definately have a soul and would worship the same God we do, although not in the same way, maybe.

All of that to say this: the thought of belief in extra terrestrial life does not diminish my own religious and Christian faith one iota and I feel sad for those with whom it does.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
did you expect your friend to abandon her belief system on the spot ?

did you expect her to say, all this christian stuff is crap, you have soo much hard evidence
that I must now turm my world upside down and reject everything I have ever believed in ???

don't get me wrong, I think christianity is just earths most successful cult, but I don't expect christians to see change thier thinking over to my way even when yo uthrow out al lthe stuff in the bible thats clearly just allegory and social control

top topics

join