It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My best Guy freind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Okay I'm only a teenager, so I want to hear from my elders about what they think I should do. My best guy ( well he's the only guy that talks to me, the rest want say a word bc they think I'm weird bc I like conspiracy theories and I like stuff with the government) Anyways, everytime I talk to him on the phone he always says I don't do anything crazy. And that I need to sleep naked. Or heal bring up a sex related question. I'm really getting tired of it, bc I'm a very modest person. People compare me with bre on Desprate Housewives. Back to the subject I dont' know what to do. Bc I feel disgusted thats all he wants to talk about. But that good be what all guys talk about. I don't know. Like I said before he's my only guy-freind. I go to a very very small school, he's the only guy that talks to me, the other guys are afraid of me. What should I say to him? Should I just let it be, or what

JAK

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Hey alias101,

Friendship is a two way street, if you are not comfortable about this type of talk then tell him. A friend might feel bad that they put you in this position in the first place, but they would be happy that you mentioned it so they could stop. If, as it seems, he is unaware that it makes you feel uncomfortable then you might be doing the pair of you a favour by letting him know.

Jak

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Thanks for the response. I just don't know how to let him know. I'm afraid if I tell him he'll stop talking to me.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by alias101
Thanks for the response. I just don't know how to let him know. I'm afraid if I tell him he'll stop talking to me.

If he stops talking to you then he was never your friend and he has only been using you for his own purposes but if he really cares about you as friend then he will want to know that he is making you uncomfortable. If you care about him as a friend then you will be honest with him about your feelings. It's natural for someone your age to worry that maybe you will be
left with no one to talk to, I was in the same position when I was your age; but you have to be true to yourself first and then you'll find there are lots of boys out there who want to be your friend.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
First let me say, you need to stop worrying about others and think of yourself... You need to gain some confidence,

If you are not happy with the way he is talking to you. Tell him,

You have the right not have to listen to his crap,

I do understand that you feel you dont have many guy friends, but believe me once you start sticking up for who you are people will respect you a whole lot more,

Have you thought about joining other groups? ie karate or something that you can meet other people and make new friends?

Please if you just need a chat ect feel free to u2u me

Be yourself ok

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
To Thine Own Self Be True -- William Shakespeare

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
He's a guy and will try to get away with as much as he can. I know this cause I was once a teenage boy. Just tell him where the line is and get ticked off (At least act like it) when he crosses into a subject you don't want to discuss with him. He'll be begging for forgiveness in no time. If not he's no kind of friend that you want to have anyways.

If you're like most young girls, you find that guys will naturally want to cross over to this subject with you. You're going to have to find a way to let them know (nicely if possible) that you don't want that. It's going to be a reoccurring problem. Real friends will respect your wishes.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Thanks again for everything you guys. Your the greatest.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
He wants to be your man candy, plain and simple either you want him or you don't so imo either grow a pair (if thats possible for girls these days) and be like "ey yo chump stfu for once."

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Do whatever the hell you want, if you don't do it, someone else will. If he pisses you off say so! Men are stupid, you need to tell them, don't imply, don't drop hints, TELL THEM!

You see, us men are the ones who jump off ladders and land on concrete breaking our noses because we thought it would be fun. We are the people who think it is funny when cars crash and flip and blow up, why we love action films so much. Women are smart, have those "feelings" things past laughing or anger, and they don't think "Hey, lets see how far this catapult can send me, oops, broke a leg on the landing, that was fun!"

BTW , why not sleep naked? It's bloody hot out and air conditioning costs to much money, and damn it it's bloody freaking hot out! Even worse if you need a blanket or sheet to sleep, IDW, but some people can't sleep if a closet door is open, I can't sleep without at least a sheet on top, so even more bloody hot. Why I love winter, no matter how cold it gets, put a shirt on or sweat pants or roll up in a quilt. But in the summer can only take so much off until they consider it a crime, no matter how good you look.(Flexes muscles, well, tries, but need them before you can flex them)

[edit on 6-6-2005 by James the Lesser]

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
hello miss Alias101,

everyone's advice here to you is well worth listening to.

be who you are. a true friend will accept you for who you are and try to bring out the best in you, and help you grow. a true friend will help you learn more about the things you really care about. if he does these things for you with sincerety, he is a friend.

if he brings you down, or proves to not be supportive, or tries to take you out of your comfort zone (sex talk) then it is your responsibility to let your friend know that he is doing it.

i'm a guy, and i can tell you first hand, we are dense sometimes. i'd like to opologize for all men on our behalf. and at that age, our hormones are sort of like a dictatorship over logic and rational thinking, sorry.

but it does go both ways. find out (you probably already know) what he is interested in and what he likes (besides sex stuff) and listen to him talk about it, learn about it.

show interest in what he likes, he'll be more open minded to the things you are interested in.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
What the others say.....yeah us guys cant control ourselves sometimes! haha! lol Just break it to him that your sick of it....he can get over it, hopefully he won't stop talking to you if you don't want that. I think it'll be alright tho.
LOL james, sleeping in bed naked is fun! If it's hot! i have an excuse tho, i live down here in Texas! lol lmao
Good luck!

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
A few girls I know are actually having this problem with a guy at a LARP that I play.

I think sometimes guys don't really realize they're crossing these borders. Sometimes they just don't know it's maiking you uncomfortable. The next time he says or does somthing inappropriate, look him straight in the eye and say "Mike, don't touch me like that" or "Mike, don't say that, it makes me uncomfortable" The important elements of those statements being eye contact, directly adressing him with a name, and a firm tone. I would picture the scene from Star Wars attack of the clones when Anikin is hitting on Padme and she says "Don't look at me like that"
"Why?"
"Because it makes me uncomfortable" Followed by the firm walking away. I know it's just a movie, but it's a great way to handle that particular situation.

Good luck, I'm a wealth of suggestions, u2u me if you need any more.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lenina
A few girls I know are actually having this problem with a guy at a LARP that I play.

There's the problem.
GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE.

LARP :shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk:

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Just tell him you really like him being your friend and all, but he is going a bit to far.

Sounds to me that maybe he likes you? Maybe not alot, but somewhere I think he does.

top topics

join