It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That's Right Jimmy, The Moon ROTATES.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Here is a link about how the Moon rotates. It's legit, it's confusing, and it gives you a headache to think about it.

When I did more research on the subject I found out that if the Moon didn't rotate we would be able to see all of the Moon (ie the front and back) but since it rotates in "synchronously" we only see one side of it.

Never the less it is a bit confusing, maybe someone can find an animation of it. I haven't had any luck finding one.

[edit on 4-6-2005 by ProphetOfYahweh]

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Could we have a little more exposition in the original post? It's a little(read LOT) light.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
well...

if this "best astonomy" is true, it will put an end to the conspiracy that aliens built the moon, and have made it so that only one side faces the earth because they have a base on the other side

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Sorry, but I don't see the point of this thread...

Isn't this common knowledge?

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Sorry, but I don't see the point of this thread...

Isn't this common knowledge?

Mostly. Although I recal an incident when I first joined with howardroarke over this topic. Took a member and I ages to convince him the moon rotated.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
yea I agree, this should be common knowledge for most people. the Moons rotation about its axis is equal to its orbit around the earth. some say that is becasue the Moon was originally part of the earth at one point when the planets were forming. and thus became tidally locked to the earth.

btw, the moon is slowing down the earth rotation to by tidal stresses. And evenutally, barring any external influances to the orbits or rotation, one side of the earth will be "stuck" facing the moon.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Cheese cant spin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS TOTALLY ABUSRD!!

[edit on 4-6-2005 by Lysergic]

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Cheese cant spin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS TOTALLY ABUSRD!!

More so than this thread?

Oh for heaven's(pun intended) sake.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
Mostly. Although I recal an incident when I first joined with howardroarke over this topic. Took a member and I ages to convince him the moon rotated.

*Shudders* I remember that... The really sad part is, I remember a few other occasions where it's happened too.

I'm going to lock this thread up. Doesn't seem to be any real point to it, save stating the obvious.

new topics

top topics

join