It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Herman is Going International!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Hey all! I figured now is as appropriate a time as any. I've been planning this for a while now, but on June 21st, I'll be flying over to Brazil! My friend's a foreign exchange student from there, and he invited me to come back with him. I've already got the tickets, passport, the visa's on the way, and we're going to get my immunizations. I'm excited. He lives in a city called Belo Horizonte, and has a humongous house. I'm afraid, though, that I'll get really homesick.
. When I was a kid, I'd get all homesick just spending the night at a friends house across the street! This trip will be across country, and I'm getting kinda nervous! I know it sounds stupid, but I've never even been in another city as my family, and this is going to be not only another country away, but a whole continent! I guess I'll just have to deal with it though. Just thought I'd tell you all, and see if you had any advice.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Hehe.....I remember me and my family brought my best friend with us to our yearly vacation spot, which is a little beach not too far from Tyndall Air Force Base and Panama City, FL.....At the time though, we lived in Fort Knox, Kentucky...

This poor kid got SO homesick that in the middle of the week, he called his parents and they drove all they way from Kentucky to Florida to pick him up and take him home....

But back in the day I used to get that feeling....When I got my own place during college it really sunk in after a few months.....But now that I'm living with "the rents" again, getting my freedom back is something I craaaaaave!

Just let the trip lead you - Don't stop to think about home....You're there to have fun and no doubt, your parents see it as an opportunity to "have fun" *shivers*

Bring back some pictures!

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I know it sounds stupid, but I've never even been in another city as my family, and this is going to be not only another country away, but a whole continent! I guess I'll just have to deal with it though. Just thought I'd tell you all, and see if you had any advice.

Dude, what do you think how I feel???

My flight goes tomorrow... for 2 months Thailand!...A-W-E-S-O-M-E

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Thanks for the advice guys
. Wow Enron, Kentucky to Florida just to take him home!? Damn that's a long way haha. yeah, it will no doubt be fun
. The nerves are kicking in already haha.

[edit on 11-6-2005 by Herman]

top topics

join