It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morning Fitness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
If anyone here is attempting to build muscle I've just read a very interesting article which states that the best time to work out is the morning, as soon as you wake up.

When you work out in the morning your body adjusts straight away and keeps burning fat/building protein throughout the whole day. Also when you wake up you haven't eaten for about 10-14 hours so if you have a glass of orange juice before you work out this will also benefit. If you were to work out straight away you would end up burning off protein, so adding a bit of carbohydrate to your system will divert that burning to your fat cells.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I don't know about building muscle, but I've been doing 30 min of aerobics in the morning for the last 2½ weeks. I suppose the theory is that your body will have to turn to stored energy since you haven't eaten in the last 10 hours. I don't eat a thing before I perform the aerobic activity. I just make sure I have plenty of water.

I'm only doing this 4 times a week (I have to sleep in sometimes) and it seems to be working quite well. I was wanting to loose about 10-12 pounds, and I've succeeded in getting rid of almost 6 pounds. I believe 2 pounds a week is a good rate. Along with this I've been doing some weight training 3-4 times a week in the evening. You need to do enough damage to your muscles to convince your body to rebuild them instead of burning them for fuel.

I don't know about the increased success in the muscle building from morning exercise, but the fat loss part seems to be working. Everyone remember that your diet is about 60% of the exercise. Adjust your calories to meet you needs. This is by far the hardest part. Much harder than exercising. This doesn't mean you have to starve yourself. Just eat smart. Like tonight when I have some pizza, I'll just have 2 slices instead of 5. Well, maybe 3.

Hmm. Maybe we should post one of those pictures of ouself holding a newspaper for a before and after. I'll leave that to people who look nice on camera.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   
there's a book called vagabond fitness by hank schachte which has some interesting and effective morning routines, not to mention that he has a relatively witty writing sense.

i picked it up at the library once, and then bought it not to long after, and have just started doing it regularily. and i have to say that i feel great. it has a lot of profound, yet simple termed facts about staying fit. great read.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Morning fitness is good because you muscles are just rested, if you work out later in the day you muscles aren't as efficient. Also for muscle building, try more weight, at a slower pace.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
i will try this,usually in the morning when i wake up i fell depressed my joints hurt and pop and my back is hurten. it could be i justdont get enough sleep, sleep to much, or bad bed. but im going to try this in reculations to my bodyweight routein.

do u guys thing it can add more musscle than working out like in the afternoon..

top topics

join