It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does everyone think of Coast to Coast AM?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I've listened to this show a couple of times on the radio and have been to their website.

Some, if not most, of the content on this show is completely ridiculous.

ANyone one else want to comment on this show, if they have listened to it.

And the people who call in....OH MAN are they stupid.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
There are many many threads about this. I suggest that you do a search and read the replies on there regarding the show and many of their guests.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I beg your pardon
I happen to think the show is great- I have been listening since 1996 and its awesome. They have, for the most part some of the most brilliant scientists, UFOlogists, you name it, they got it. Of course as with anything else, you need to find out who is scheduled, their website will provide you that information, then you decide if you want to listen or not.
I agree, some of the callers are calling from their trailer, surrounded by beer cans and smoking their weed

But even that is great, cause you never know who you're going to get.

Surely, you can separate the fakes from the genuine people! Its called entertainment!

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I've just started listening a couple of months ago and yes some discussions are VERY ridicuolous but some are also very intreging and interesting. I mainly listen to it for sh*ts and giggles.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Ive been a listener of C2C since bout 97. Show me a program that has such a humungous diversity of guests and ill start listenin to that one too, but for the time being. Coast to Coast is an awesome show. That Program is alot like this forum, Some good, some bad, some whacky but all in all, not too shabby.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I've been listening to Coast to Coast since around 96. I basically listened to it all through High School and college. I think it's an important show and unique in the world of talk radio, which usually is just the same old mainly right wing political content.

The show's gone downhill since George Noory's taken of from Art though. He's brought too much political and religious content into the show, and you can tell the demographics of the audience have changed just by listening to the callers. In fact, the calls used to be unscreened, but since the show has become corporate-owned and Noory has taken over, that's no longer true.

Another thing is that that Noory tends to believe ANYTHING someone says and never questions it. Art would be open-minded and listen, but would ask questions and not sit there and accept any crazy idea he heard. He also didn't have George's flaky "I'm a psychic" thing.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I am lucky to be able to recieve theri signal because it provides some real good entertainment on the nights that I cannot sleep. I think that they mix their guest list up pretty good also. Other than that, there is only one thing about that show that bugs me and it is the obscene amount of time on advertisements. Overall, It gets a good
from me.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Bah, C2C is just a place for the fringe to hawk their wares wether they are books are the next big thing in Free Energy. I do enjoy it when they get Theoretical Physist's on the show like Michio Kaku but other then that it just spreads ignorance.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It was great entertainment on those long cross country drives that I used to make. Haven't driven that far in a while, so I haven't listened to it recently.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It used to be a lot better than it is now. It's mostly crap now, with the odd good guest or topic...but I rarely listen as it has gone way downhill. The website is getting bad too...the pictures they post of supposed ghosts, UFOs, etc are all pure crap.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Bah, C2C is just a place for the fringe to hawk their wares wether they are books are the next big thing in Free Energy. I do enjoy it when they get Theoretical Physist's on the show like Michio Kaku but other then that it just spreads ignorance.

You couldn't be anymore right then that. That show has disinformation written all over it.

LuDaCrIs you are also right, the people that call in are soooo stupid I can't belive people like that can exist. One guy calls in and says that his father was an alien! He must have been on drugs, drunk, or whatever.

[edit on 6/24/2005 by GoldEagle]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
some of shows (ufo's anyone??) are absurd but for the most part i enjoy listening to it from me to everyone else who enjoys it. it gives you something else to listen to and i do think they have some of the most intriguing people as guests far more than the ones on the cover of people magazine. i love the ones that deal with the unknown as far as ghosts, haunted grounds and the ones about the exorcisms are very interesting. i could on and on but i 'm going to that website now, they want to do a show on the june -06-2006 thing.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Whan Art Bell was host full time..I loved the show, for the humor, and the serious stuff..
I remember distinctly a few times, when a show was going really bad, the guest would be mysteriously GONE after the break...Then after the break, it would be an open line free for all. So even Art had his limitations for ridiculousness.

Kind like here..Even if your are going to say something stupid, or WAY out there..
Have some kind of support for it..

As for George Noorey..he's a verbal sleeping pill..

top topics

join