It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will this new database be sued to remove Florida voters?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 12:07 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Mycroft

I'm sure in your topic you mean "used" not "sued" but it's an interesting typo in its own right.

There was no database in place to remove 58,000 Florida voters from the 2000 election. Only some criminality and corruption that incorrectly and unlawfully denied 95% of those people their democratic right. Katherine Harris has not heard the end of that.

A supposed 'matrix' of criminal and personal records is certainly capable of being misused in the same way. It could happen anywhere, not just Florida. This is not 'counter-terrorism', it is just more 'anti-privacy' and 'anti-democracy'. Why not use it? It 'seemed' to get past middle American apathy the first time.

The name Matrix is cynical as well. It sounds cool and clearly rips off the Hollywood blockbuster name. Brought to you by the same criminal gang that created the Patriot Acts, TIA and all the other ever-infringing trash.

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Yes, that is an interesting typo. I wonder how that happened?

I hope Kathleen Harris hasn't heard the end of it, but it certainly doesn't seem to have hurt her career in the short term.

join