It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-HISTORY: French Terrorists Appeal NZ Telecast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
On the night of July 10 1985 the New Zealand Protest Ship, Rainbow Warrior was bombed by French Agents (Alain Mafart and Dominique Prieur). The New Zealand Government regard this act as the first terrorist attack on New Zealand Territory and the "terrorists" were summarily convicted to serve 10 years in prison for the bombing.

At the time of the Terrorist attack the Rainbow warrior was undergoing preparations to set sail on a protest voyage to the (French) nuclear test site at Moruroa Atoll.

In a political deal between the governments of New Zealand and France presided over by the United Nations Secretary-General, Javier Perez de CuellarFrench, terrorists Alain Mafart and Dominique Prieur were released. They served less than 1 year in prison and on their return to France were hailed as heroes.

www.cnn.com
WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) -- French intelligence agents convicted of bombing a Greenpeace protest ship in Auckland's harbor two decades ago have appealed a court decision that would allow parts of their 1985 trial to be broadcast on television, a lawyer said Tuesday.

The two agents of France's DGSE spy agency were convicted of willful damage and the 1985 manslaughter of Greenpeace photographer Fernando Pereira, who died in the attack. Each was sentenced to 10 years in prison.

The appeal did not surprise Greenpeace campaign manager Cindy Baxter.

"The French Government still won't apologize, and 20 years later is still running from New Zealand justice," she said, adding that the agents had waived any right to privacy when they published books on the affair.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The terrorists can whine and moan all they want, the trial will be broadcast, the faces of these terrorists will be shown to the public and maybe closure can be gained by the family of murdered photographer Fernando Pereira.

Actually it might be a good time for the French Government to apologise to us for orchestrating an act of terrorism on our beautiful country.

Related News Links:
archive.greenpeace.org
www.police.govt.nz

[edit on 31-5-2005 by KiwiDave]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I wish these criminals were in jail who would dare insult our allies like this

They should of been shot.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I dont get it at all.....

Manslaughter.....released within the year......and to cap it off Intelligence Agents working for a supposed friendly government.

Imagine if the ball was on the other foot, New Zealand intelligence agents acting as terrorists within France, killing innocent people......

.....and the French government declare the war in Iraq illegal!!

Oh! how it suits them when its in there interest.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
why just stop at france?
they are hardly the first nation to commit acts like this and then accuse others of evil.
but...
i name no names.
i think we should be just as pissed at Isreal.
oops.
no wait.
nobody wants to know that they have also done these things to us.
dont you love it how while so much of the world hates so many other nations for this so called war on terror yet WE in NZ stay immune to all the hate.
in fact while i was in Afghanistan with my Bn we were doing security for some engineers building a hospital and we took an hour smoko with some of the local help and during half time in our game of soccer this guy says completely out of the blue "it funny. one day we play football with kiwi. tnext day we go to shoot americans"
sounds unbelieveable i know.
we could hardly comprehend it ourselves.
but it happened.

top topics

join