It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Books?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Okay the purpose of this thread is for people to list any good literature on secret societies. I have relyed on internet resources a little too much.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic12
Okay the purpose of this thread is for people to list any good literature on secret societies. I have relyed on internet resources a little too much.

If you want a good book about secret societies in general, and no one society in particular, I'm not sure which would be a good one. I own one titled "The Secret Societies Handbook" which cites the history and conspiracy theories of the more popular societies such as Freemasons, Assassins, Templars, Golden Dawn, Skull and Bones, KKK, Mensur, Rosicrucians, the Mafia, Bohemian Club, etc etc.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I'm looking for books about one society in particular.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I'm looking for books about one society in particular.

Which?

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Illuminati
Skull and Bones
Freemasons
MJ - 12...

If you know a good book about any society, post it please

[edit on 31-5-2005 by Majestic12]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The Iron Triangle.

A very nice summary of the brief history of the Carlyle group. Unlike the groups you just mentioned, this one actually holds some power and has 13 billion in cash to back it up.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Illuminati
Skull and Bones
Freemasons
MJ - 12...

It will be hard to find a good book on the Illuminati because they don't exist. All books you will find on them will be pure speculation and supposition. I suspect the same would be true regarding MJ-12. You can find decent stuff on Skull and Bones, but I don't hgave any specifics.

Now Freemasonry, not being a secret society, there are PLENTY of good, accurate, truthful books regarding the Craft. Try:

1.) "The Little Book of Freemasonry" by Sangeet Duchane (Barnes and Noble Publishing)

2.) "Introduction To Freemasonry" by H. L. Haywood

3.) "The Freemasons: A History of the World's Most Powerful Secret Society" by Jasper Ridley

4.) "Symbols of Freemasonry" by Daniel Beresniak (Barnes and Noble Publishing)

If you want more advanced books, or you are looking for specific topics regarding Freemasonry, let me know and I will reccommend a few more.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Please do

I want to become a Mason when I am older.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
For Skulls and Bones. I would recommend reading "Secrets of the Tomb". I can't tell you how accurate it is. But its a really good book. I enjoyed it.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Please do

I want to become a Mason when I am older.

If you are just starting to learn about Freemasonry, I would reccommend those books first.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Read "Holy Blood, Holy Grail". It is highly enjoyable. A must read if you are in to this subject. Also, I have read "secrets of the tomb" it is interesting.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Illustrations of Masonry by William Morgan

The book was a real no no and caused a big scandal, even some masons threw down their lambskins realizing where the organization was headed.
www.the7thfire.com...

Cug

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Yea, like I'm gona trust anything on a site selling colloidal silver, Vibrational Healing with the Novalite 3000 Tesla Photon Machine, and the BioElectric Shield.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Illustrations of Masonry by William Morgan

I can't believe you're recommending a book almost 180 years old!!! No wonder you have such strange views about freemasonry!

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
"Holy Blood, Holy Grail"is a very informative DRY read. it consists of lists of blood lines. It is still an authors opinion relating Jesus and Mary Mag as being husband and wife and the fact that their blood line still flows through the earth. I would suggest the obvious Da Vinci Code" and "Angels and Demonds"". Great fiction. I'm sure you have read it like the rest of the world though.

new topics

top topics

join