It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Admin. wants to use nukes in preemptive strikes.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Hey James, tell me Would u kill someone if u knew he/she was gonna be the next Antichrist? and u had to doit to save the world? would u?

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I hear ya wtf are people thinking now adays. There is no way you can compare the two of them.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
ya what can ya do? only hope for the best
just hate how people try and compare like that just shows how they care about the country's defense of its people, is it just me but i would hate to see a missile with a N.K sighn flying over my house

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Yeah that would suck. And have you noticed how he hasn't responded yet. I guess he's having second thoughts. Good just goes to show you how well he thought of what he said.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I second that
I guess Japans deploying Patriots 3's around there Military Bases wonder why? "laughs" i bet Japans already got some Pre-Emptive Strike Solution

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
ya people like to compare stupied things to reality situation's, A real threat like N.K building nukes and saying they have a Pre-Emptive Strike Policy and they say if we bring them to he U.N for Sanctions they would consider it a Act Of War what can we do? Kim's a crazy little fatas* that needs his ass wopped like a redheaded step child lololol

[edit on 29-5-2005 by Jamie6661986]

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by demosthenes

What if good intelligence comes and the signs are there that the North Koreans are planning to invade South Korea and in their initial attack they plan on taking out the U.S. base on the Border of the DMZ with a tactical nuke. Wouldn't that call for a pre-emptive strike. And wouldn't it be better to have and not need then need and not have.

would this "good intelligence" be from the same people that had "good intelligence" that iraq had wmds? if so then why should it be any better than that "bad intel"? an invasion was launched at iraq due to such a good job by the intellagence community. it was WRONG. so why should they be any more right about the need to do a pre-emptive strike?

intelligance is realy no more than informed GUESES. not FACT. it is all in how you read the data that you recieve. one can read many things into any situation or data that one has. it all depends on what the person looking at it thinks is likely. there is apsolutely no gueronte that they are right. all intelligance realy is is asumptions of what is happening or will happen from what info they can get their hands on. it can then be given any "spin" to back up what a persson thinks it means.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
There is probably a stargate in this country that the US needs to recover.
Just like Iraq.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Either way I would rather kick someone's as* and have to say sorry later than have them kill me or one of my friends and regret it for the rest of my life for not doing anything about it. Wouldn't you. And plus most of the targets would be on the bored which hardly any civilians live so casualties would be minimal. Better to take the risk of being wrong then to accumulate mass casualties on both sides. I would rather take them out then have millions of people on my side die, becuase if they did attack the U.S. or one of its allies then N.K. would be done for anyways.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I vote drop a "Tactical Nuclear Device" on N.K's Military Installations with a Electromanatic Pulse rendering most of N.K's aging old Military Vehicals Ect. Useless. People think America can't destroy N.K plz what a joke N.K might have alot of Weapons Manpower but we have Alot of High Tech! That would wipeout most there Military/Men, Plus S.K on Owerside and mabey Japan N.K wouldn't have a chance! China is even befriending N.K

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by demosthenes
Either way I would rather kick someone's as* and have to say sorry later than have them kill me or one of my friends and regret it for the rest of my life for not doing anything about it.

"oh my bad we just massacred a million of your citizens for no reason sorry dont worry we thought we had a good reason so its all okay"
Something like the above scenario in other words.

Dont you people realize theres a difference between knocking someone out and nuking someplace?

quote: Let's say you are the President of the United States and you have just been informed that North Korea is in the process of preparing to launch a nuclear attack from hardened silos on Japan -- target Tokyo -- that you have five minutes to decide what to do, and that no conventional weapon in the U.S. arsenal will be able to take out the silos.

No offense but this scenario is pointless, its about as realistic as suggesting that gravity will suddenly reverse itself. I mean come one our intelligence network is so good that we'll have advance warning of a nuclear strike and its exact target on the globe but so poor that up until this point where we magically discover their plan we've been hoodwinked into thinking nothings going on? Thats not the way intelligence works, some spook doesnt run into the presidents office with an earthshattering memo giving five minute warning that craps about to hit the proverbial fan. Either we know about something ahead of time or we find out when the damage has already been done and its too late to react short of retaliation.

There is no reason to consider the use of nuclear weapons as preemptive weapons. There is no realistic scenario that would warrant such overkill.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
There is no reason to consider the use of nuclear weapons as preemptive weapons. There is no realistic scenario that would warrant such overkill.

LOL ya! u say that now but when Kim starts putting those if not already Nuclear Warheads that could hit the continental U.S.A on Ballistic Missiles or giveit to a Terror Faction u'll be thinking otherwise! u look like ur a American Patriot "ur AV" u should of most people understand that were at War and War means survival of the fittest Pre-Emptive Strike with Nuclear /Option is a Policy that should be inserted into Effect if u haven't noticed N.K. is one crazed country Kim cares only of himself his Palaces his Army "his people"? no! N.K already announced to the World that it has adopted Pre-Emptive Strike Policy and u sit there saying no to owers Pffft.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
add this N.K also says if we bring it to the "U.N Security Councial" it would be a act of War so what do we do? i think people that stick up for N.K should be shipped over there!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamie6661986
add this N.K also says if we bring it to the "U.N Security Councial" it would be a act of War so what do we do? i think people that stick up for N.K should be shipped over there!!!!!!!!

i think the people who support this war should sign up to the military and go fight it. if you give me your zip code, i'll be happy to direct you to the nearest recruiter.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Already tried, I got Asthma and a criminal record soo when the draft comes I be able to go [" If I can't i'll get a ticket or a boat trip and do a Solo Mission.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join