It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eye of God - Helix Nebula by NASA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I dont know if anyone has heard of this beofre, but i recently found it on the web its called "the Eye fo GOD', and its suppose to be a cobo of pictures taken by NASA. Some people says its a hoax, i'd rather believe that the Universe has beautifull things like this for all to see ...

The phenomenon in the amazing image above is real. The Helix Nebula is a planetary nebula about 650 light-years from Earth. It's a popular target for astronomers because, due to its relative proximity, it's easily viewed through binoculars or telescope.

However, the image above is not a true "picture" in the technical sense of the word. Rather, it is a computer-generated and enhanced mosaic of nine separate photographs taken by the Hubble telescope and combined with a wider image captured by the National Science Foundation's telescope at Kitt Peak National Optical Astronomy Observatory near Tucson, Arizona. It is a scientific representation of what the nebula might look like.

Despite its resemblance to the human eye in this 2-dimensional image, the Helix Nebula is actually a spiral cylinder more than one trillion kilometers long. Since it points directly toward Earth, it looks like a bubble (or eye) to us, rather than the tube-like structure it really is.

personally i LOVE IT !, and I just felt like sharing it with everyone!!

[edit on 27-5-2005 by BaastetNoir]

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Wow that looks really cool! Signs of God are everywhere, all you have to do is look.

join