It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's The Biggest Star Wars Nerd on the ATS.com?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Im a huge Star Wars Fan but im the first to admit I dont know half of the SW story. I havent read any of the books or anything, I mostly go from the movies and video games.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
Im a huge Star Wars Fan but im the first to admit I dont know half of the SW story. I havent read any of the books or anything, I mostly go from the movies and video games.

I'm with you. I have only read a couple of the short story books about bounty hunters and a couple of the comic off-shoots, but you hang out on SW forums enough and you just pick up everything else.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
So here is a movie only question for ya, Ocelot. Name at least 3 'boo-boos' that made it through the editing of the OTs.

Example: The stormtrooper that smashed his head into the door in the Deathstar hanger control room in A New Hope.

[edit on 26-5-2005 by Jonna]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Well, Luke called Leia Carrie in ANH, that a big one.(my fav)

Hey how many kids do Han Solo and Leia have and what is at least one of their names?(need to have read the book series for this)

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
While not what you would call a nerd, I really enjoyed most of the movies.

Side note, I saw the original when I was 15. My son saw the finale when HE was 15. 2 days ago.

Neat huh?

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser

Hey how many kids do Han Solo and Leia have and what is at least one of their names?(need to have read the book series for this)

3 - Anakin , Jaina and Jacen the twins. God I'm such a nerd.

[edit on 26-5-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser

My favorite is in the Bespin 'carbonite freeze' room when Luke drops off screen and then you catch the top of his head bounce back up on screen because of the trampoline. I swear you can even hear a 'boing'.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Can someone who's knowledgable about the Extended Universe answer this one question. There were parts in some of the books that had me scrating my head, like the Re-incarnated Emporer laying ways to the Mon Calamari homeworld with some hulking huge machines. What series of books was that in? I cannot find a referece for the life of me. Luke supposedly becomes a Jedi Master and falls to the Dark Side for a bit then comes back.

[edit on 26-5-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Sardion,

It was in the Dark Empire graphic novel from Dark Horse Comics.

Cheers

BHR

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
That story arc was in the books too...
The machines were called World Devastator Droids I believe....and you can also see them in the Star Wars Vehicles book. I've only read a little of that particular series though, trying to go back and fill in the gaps still....

I didn't think so! I wold have accepted dinosaur or giant lizard or something of that nature. Boba was riding it in a cartoon that was probably the highlight of the special sadly enough.

A Dewback...

As for Mara's illness, can't remember exactly, but it was caused by the Vong, and then cured with Vergere's tears...

Q. As of this moment in the extended universe, which MAJOR character from the original movie is dead? Han Solo, Leia, Chewbacca, Luke, C-3P0, R2-D2? Bonus, HOW did that person/thing die?

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Q. As of this moment in the extended universe, which MAJOR character from the original movie is dead? Han Solo, Leia, Chewbacca, Luke, C-3P0, R2-D2? Bonus, HOW did that person/thing die?

This is another one of those things that I pick up talking to SW forum members. Although it sounds like the dumbest thing ever, I heard that a moon fell on Chewbacca. Is this correct?

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Yes...

At least it took a moon to kill him!!! I'll spare you the details in case you ever read the book, but basically, it was a sacrifice to save one or more of the kids....

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
here's a question,

where did they get the original handel for the light sabers?

Velvet

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Canonical question:

How many actors played in specific parts as Darth Vader?

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
The Oleneo,

The answer is five.

Young Anakin - TPM
Older Anakin - AOC and ROS
David Prowse in suit in OT
James Earl Jones as voice of Darth Vader
Unmasked Darth Vader in ROJ

Cheers

BHR

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillHicksRules
The Oleneo,

The answer is five.

Young Anakin - TPM
Older Anakin - AOC and ROS
David Prowse in suit in OT
James Earl Jones as voice of Darth Vader
Unmasked Darth Vader in ROJ

Cheers

BHR

Uh, not young Anakin (that's Jake Lloyd). But you're right, it's five actors.

Name the three other actors and what specific part they played as Darth Vader beside David Prowse and James Earl Jones.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
They were,

Jake Lloyd as Young Anakin in The Phantom Menace
Haydn Christensen as Anakin in Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith
Sebastian Shaw as Anakin in Return of the Jedi.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I got one some nerd would know.

What is the game that R2 and Chewie are playing in the Millenium Falcon in ANH?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Holochess....

"Let the Wookie win"....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join