It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed - GM Foods Are Dangerous To Our Health

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Secret study show that rats fed with GM foods developed abnormalities to internal organs and variations in the composition of their blood have been detected. Alarming tests are being hidden from us and scientists are being silenced. Why? If GM foods have this effect on rats, what effect will it have on us? We can wait some years and find out the hard way or we should say no to it now.

When fed to rats it affected their kidneys and blood counts. So what might it do to humans? We think you should be told

The secret research we reveal today raises the potential health risks of genetically modified foods. Here, environment editor Geoffrey Lean, who has led this paper's campaign on GM technology for the past six years, examines the new evidence. And he asks the questions that must concern us all: why is Monsanto, the company trying to sell GM corn to Britain and Europe, so reluctant to publish the full results of its alarming tests on lab rats? Why are our leaders so keen to buy the unproven technology against the wishes of consumers? And why is the man who first raised these concerns six years ago shunned by the scientific establishment and his former political masters?

[...]GM foods - and their safety. The European Commission is pressing for more and more of them to be allowed to be sold in Britain and the rest of the EU.

The latest modified crop to come up for approval for use in food is MON 863, a modified corn already grown and eaten in the US and Canada.

secret research carried out on rats by Monsanto - which owns the corn - suggests that eating it may damage their health.

It indicates that rats fed relatively high levels of MON 863 had smaller kidneys and suffered potentially more harmful blood chemistry than those on a conventional diet.

This is a long and interesting article. You should read it all...

Gulf Times: Study reveals health fears over GM food

According to the confidential 1,139-page report, these health problems were absent from another batch of rodents fed non-GM food as part of the research project.

the disclosure of the health effects on the Monsanto rats has intensified the row over whether the corn is safe to eat without further research.

Ministers were apparently worried by the findings but they still try to force this new unproven technology upon us. Profit is obviously more important than our health. This is worse than I thought...

Related News Sources:
FWi: Health fears over GM food
Independent: Revealed: health fears over secret study into GM food

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I think most EU countries are opposed to any GM foods so I hope they ban this and any other GM product designed for human consumption.
GM is OK for industrial crops like cotton or products to be used for biodiesel but I'd prefer not to eat it.

[edit on 24-5-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Sometimes I like posting on a thread just to link it to another thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Creepy stuff man, and I really don't think it is all for profit concerns either.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Well, seeing as how over a BILLION people have been eating GM food for years, I think we would have seen some side effects. You see, the guy who started the whole GM thing has saved a billion lives, according to the Nobel Prize committee, when he won it. He has been to Mexico, India, parts of Africa they let him go to, and has saved a Billion, with a !B!, billion people. So, ask 1 billion if they are dead, but they aren't, they are alive, because of GM food.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Well, seeing as how over a BILLION people have been eating GM food for years, I think we would have seen some side effects.

The side effects might be showing already. The question is if we are able to see them (or want to see them). Increasing alergies and stuff. Cancer? This might increase even more as time goes by. We might just see the start of a negative trend. Soon they might link it to GM-foods. The fact is that these rats reacts to GM-foods in a very dramatic negative way and we should be alarmed by it...

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Um. ew....that's really something that should be looked into. wot?

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
if a gm plant produces it's own pesticide, won't we also eat that pesticide? It's not like regular plants where you could just wash it off, it's in the plant/fruit/grain.
and what about cross pollination between gm and non gm species?
mutants I tells ye!

GM=gravely moronic

top topics

join