It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

concepts of god

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Whenever 'god' is mentioned it's usually assumed to be a judeo-christian god. As an atheist I give the universe credit for my existence.. and my spirituality ties in with a 'universal' energy. Now I could call this 'energy' god but then people assume I'm talking about a sentient being that created the universe.. when I don't think it did [or was needed].

So what do I call it without having to get into a big explanation every time that I don't believe in a 'creator' god but the energy the universe creates?

May the force be with you.

~Riley.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
There was this show on Discovery channel recently: Science of star wars. They spoke a bit about the Star Wars religion and how it relates to the shao lin temple. Real JEDIS that did cool stuff!
What scared the crap outa me was this guy completely bending his leg backwards.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by I_s_i_s
There was this show on Discovery channel recently: Science of star wars. They spoke a bit about the Star Wars religion and how it relates to the shao lin temple. Real JEDIS that did cool stuff!

Some buddhist monks [not sure what they are called] are suppose to be able to levetate things- including themselves [amongst other things]. I think It would bring a nice twist and a valuable balance tp the present culture wars if George lucas actually came out and said star wars is based on buddhism.. I guess maybe he wouldn't want it so much in the political arena.
It's wonderful that yet another generation get to learn about virtues of khama instead of just the 'praise the lord or burn in hell' rhetoric.

What scared the crap outa me was this guy completely bending his leg backwards.

Depends on your taste I guess..

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

It would bring a nice twist and a valuable balance tp the present culture wars if George lucas actually came out and said star wars is based on buddhism..

Actually, the Star Wars Jedi are based on Buddhism, Taoism, the Shao-Lin warriors, Bushido, and Shinto.

Oh yes, and I believe the Buddhist monks being referred to are the Tibetan monks. I've heard they're capable of some "strange" things.

top topics

join