It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shared Nightmare?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
My daughter(23) and i were having a conversation the other evening, just about phenomina in general .

I told her i haven't witnessed anything really ,
but the weirdest thing that happened to me was about 15 years ago , when her father and i both shared a nightmare .
I went on to tell her we both thought we were awake but saw flames suround the bed (we felt no heat incidentally).

She said oh my god mum that is really weird , that happened to me and Jake(her fiancee).

She went on to say she had a horrific dream ,
that she had been raped ,she described a street not far from us.

When she woke up she said to her fiancee,
"i have just had the worst dream , ive ever had,
He said so have I ,
as he seemed more visibly shaken she asked him about his first,

He said you were being attacked,.. it was horrible, i was helpless ,he then paused and said but it was worse *****(my daughter's name) much worse.
My daughter said he was shaking his head but couldnt tell her the rest.

My daughter said she asked him "was i raped" ,
he asked her how she knew, she told him about her dream ,
she said he was so upset it was like he was doubting she dreamt the same thing.

I asked her how long ago did this happen,
she thought for a minute and said (thinking out loud)
We were staying at his mum's house that night ......and the last time we stayed there was his mum's birthday 3 months ago.

Ok this is where i started getting worrying niggles ,
she is 3 months pregnant.

There is a difference in the dreams though, she was on her own in her version.

Please tell me is this just another one of lifes weird co-incidences/phenomina
and have i spent too long on sites this this?

or should i be worried?

I really dont even know if this is even the right "site to post this?

All i can say is what started as a niggle is starting to turn into a worry.

PS. My daughter knows nothing of my worries
and im afraid to share with friends incase they think im a fruitcake

Any assurances would help.

[edit on 20/5/05 by Celtic Secret]

[edit on 20/5/05 by Celtic Secret]

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Since you posted this in the Aliens & UFO forum, are you worried that her nightmare might be an abduction 'memory'? The helpless feeling of the fiance who witnessed the 'rape' could also be considered similar to the helpless feelings reported by abductees. Not to add to your concerns, but I had the sense that you were already leaning toward this thought.

But perhaps their nightmare was actually caused by more down to earth, albiet, life altering concerns. If this pregnancy was a surprise, something they fear they are not ready for, they might feel like they were helplessly blindsided ( raped) by 'fate'. The subconsious has a way of twisting worries about these things into real zingers sometimes. If either or both of them are 'sensitive' to the other's psyche, they might share a dream about something this important. ( As you and your husband seem also to 'be in tune' to one another. )

I won't say don't worry....even the most normal pregnancy brings all sorts of worries out of the wood work. As she gets regular prenatal care, and the usual tests show all is going normally, maybe you will be able to relax and enjoy.
Good luck, and God bless....and congrats....Gram.

[edit on 20-5-2005 by frayed1]

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Thank You so much for taking the time to reply frayed1,

Yes ,
you are right in guessing my fears,
and my reasons for posting in this forum.

I suppose i didnt even want to admit it to myself that i was thinking along these lines.

The pregnancy was a bit of a surprise for them ,
but they both seem excited and more than ready to be parents.
They didnt find out until 4 weeks ago.

Thank You for all your kind words ,
she has been for initial tests/scan and all is well,
so i suppose i should stop being silly and start thanking god.

ps. Myself and intune husband are now divorced!

But thanks for making me giggle at that line

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I would tell her, to AT least completely AVOID the area this was supposed to take place............the place in her dream....use it as a cautionary warning.

I do not think a violent rape dream has anything really to do with the conception of the obvious child made by her and her hubby.
MAYBE this conception brought in a bunch of energy where both partners were looking to the future......who knows, only them. Advise her to meditate on this issue and to follow her heart. Maybe she needs be more vigilent in an entire town, in the area of this dream.
Thats my 'personal' advise. I could be wrong.....lol...

I am going to go get a couple of dream books I have and check into shared dreams...........then we can see what advise others have to say....

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Thanks for your kind offer to do some research on my behalf theRiverGoddess,

I will tell her to avoid that street,
im not sure if her fiance saw the same street .
I also got the impression from her that when her fiance used the word "attacked" initially, he was just trying to avoid the word "raped".
So im not sure how violent it was.

I didnt want to quiz her too much on it, especially after asking when she had the dream.
She would know something was niggling me.

The thing is i dont want her to have any inkling of my niggles,
whilst i am may be a worrier , she is far worse , especially where this baby is concerned.
She does seem a bit better since the scan though.

Again i dont want to ask her or bring this up again with her.
We kinda brushed it off , like a "isnt the world full of weird coincindences conversation".
Well thats the way i tried to act in reaction to her story.

[edit on 21/5/05 by Celtic Secret]

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Since the child is being carried to term if there is any lingering doubts as to the origins of how the infant was created, have a DNA test made on it after its born to determine parenthood.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Thanks for trying to help Frith,

But do really think i could go to these excited parents to be?
and cause them all that worry.
Or have them get me locked up

Especially with what seems to be such an outlandish niggle?

Can you imagine what the child's "over the moon " other Grandparents would think at the very suggestion?

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
A connection between a parent and child is not unheard of, this happens even in my family. Is there more than you have said, you suspect abduction. Do you have a reason for this beyond what you have stated? Did the dream have somethings umm......alien? just curious.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
A connection between a parent and child is not unheard of, this happens even in my family. Is there more than you have said, you suspect abduction. Do you have a reason for this beyond what you have stated? Did the dream have somethings umm......alien? just curious.

No there was no mention of aliens to me. (By my daughter).

I think of myself as open minded
but perhaps my recent Alien,UFO, Star Children reading, has me taking 2+2 and coming up with 22!

My worry wasnt so much in abduction more in her being impregnated!

Jesus! you've no idea how stupid i feel now , for typing those words

( i wish there was a blushing icon)

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Im sorry
. I didnt want you to feel stupid. I just think you share a strong connection with your children, a sign of a good mother
. I was just wondering why you thought aliens could be involved. BTW tell your daughter to be careful! these types of dreams might be premonitions.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Thank you for your kind words XphilesPhan ,

It wasnt so much your post that made me feel stupid.

It was more the actual typing the words about worrying of her impregnation , it just seemed so silly to read it , rather than having it hidden away in my head.
I had managed to avoid coming right out with it throughout the thread ,whilst trying to allay my fears

Probably the reason why i made such a hash of trying to explain.

Its weird i havent really given the premonition theory any thought until today,
even though i am a worrier,
even though this is a more obvious and saner solution.

Probably because she very rarely goes anywhere on her own anyway

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   
You never know, if it was true that an abduction took place and your daughter was impregnated (i'll play devil's advocate), it doesn't have to mean it was an event for evil or harming circumstances.

Maybe they were helping with the pregnancy. I'm not the best person to talk to about abductions but i'm sure i've read somewhere that they tend to follow family bloodlines more so than random plucking from Earth.

Could it be there were problems between your daughter and her husband which would of made a normal pregnancy hard or impossible? They might not even know about it if they haven't been trying and haven't sort medical advise.

Since you've had a similar dream, maybe that's the subconscience you recieve to mask an abduction experience? As a dream it would seem like a horrible, violent rape but in realty it could of been advance medical assistance to ensure your bloodline continues. It would be doubtful an Alien race would 'rape' humans, it would be akin to a human raping a monkey! An impregnating procedure unexpectedly in a alien enviornment during a time when your normally asleep would be remembered as a trumatic experience you would think.

Maybe this was the BEST time for her to be pregnant and again they were helping? Maybe they were assuring the sex of the child? If there's a repeated following of your bloodline it looks like they are interested in the female side. Are they going to find out the sex of the child before birth?
If they are following your bloodline, they'd have a vested interest in making sure it was healthy and productive, so it doesn't have to be a bad thing (unless of course the idea of Aliens being involved in your life is a freakout!).

Try to remember this in 8 or so years after your daughter has the child (probably be another daughter) and has a dream of being in fire. Could be every 8 or so years they check in on you, not something that happens every second night!

Could be this is the real life explanation for 'guadian angels' and a lot of us get checked up on every few years. Might explain why some people (like Kieth Richards from the Rolling Stones for example :lol
, can do as much harm to their body as humanly possible but amazingly still keep going strong defying death or sickness!

You grandchild might be someone important, look for a sign of a gifted ability, encourage it's creativity!

[edit on 21-5-2005 by TheShroudOfMemphis]

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   
ok.....so this one book by Jo Jean Boushalhla and Virginia Riedel-Geubtner......makes NO mention of SHARED dreams, but puts that into the catagory of VISIONS.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
They say dreaming of a rape means......"forceable, unwanted union with a negative aspect; warning of an undesirable union, such as joining a cult....
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Not much help there really....

There are better interpetation books out there, this is just the one in my liberary. Maybe you can find a dream interpetation site/dictionary via google?

I am sorry I wan't much help.

[edit on 22-5-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I found a 'dream sharing' site, -here- where you can discuss your dreams with others ( there is an annual fee).

Another site that offers some interpretations free. And still another that offers a more 'spiritual insight' approach....I liked their "nightmares: training films for spiritual warriors" section. And it has quite a few links to other dream sites.... you might find their info somewhat reassuring, and at least an interesting read.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Really cool sites Frayed
Thank you Very much for THAT info!

top topics

join