It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14.5 More hours my friends...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
As I type this, its just 14.5 more hours until I strap myslf into a comfy theatre seat and see Revenge of the Sith!!!

Its bitter sweet people, as much as I have been waiting for this movie, it also marks the end of a nearly 30 year ride. And yes, I am old enough to have been there for the first one in 1977.

Okies, now to open up some debate: Anakin IS NOT the chosen one!!

[edit on 18-5-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
T-minus 10.5 hours and counting.

Already people in line at the theatre where I am going too! Ill be there at 9pm, just three hours before the movie.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Strange, although "Revenge of the Sith" will bring the Star Wars series to an end (?) and I have been anxious to see it. My real anticipation is to be able to pick up all the DVDs and to sit back and watch them all in a row, in order, uninterupted -- except for the requisite "pit stops" and pizza. I'm in my fifties and so, I too, was there for the first Star Wars and you can be assured that I'll be wearing my "original" "may the force be with you" button that I was given as I went into the theatre to see Luke, Chewy, Darth, Leia, Obi Wan, R2 and C3P0 for the first time. Anyway, have fun and I hope it's a worthy effort from the sporadic showings that Lucas has given us in the past.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
No it won't, Lucas is planning more. I don't know if it will be a tv series or what, but planning more. Any true star war fan knows all about the book series.

Also, you will love it, saw it a couple weeks ago, the power of Limewire and a friend with a cable modem.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Ok guys, I’m “in the know” about such things.

First up, I work in the buying department for a fortune 300 wholesaler and I am buds with the media buyer (Btw, he saw the movie last Wednesday at Fox studios in CA).

He, and the toy buyer here, have been briefed directly on any and all upcoming Star Wars projects from the EVP of Lucas arts directly. (that they are able to discuss that is)

There WILL be two TV shows and no more movies. One show will be animated (CG) and the other will be live actors. A tid bit of information I got today (that doesn’t make me happy) is that the TV shows pick up with the current set of characters. I.e. they will use substitute actors for the main characters in the movies (*puke*). Risky for sure.

But one thing is for absolute certain: There will be no more Star Wars movies. In fact, George Lucas personally will have nothing to do with the creation of new and ongoing Star Wars content. He is done with it. Everything you see from here out will be created by sanctioned publishers, but not Lucas himself.

And all this folks is right from the horse’s mouth.

T minus 9.5 hours and counting

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
T-minus 8.25 hours and counting....

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Have fun and may the force be with you....

Sorry I had to say that :shk:

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Its funny UK,

I am a "grown" man with a family to take care of including an ill wife, a 16 month old boy, and 8 pets of various types. But Star Wars turns me into a giddy little school kid. It holds a type of magic over me.

And you know what? Its just fine by me!

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
I am a "grown" man with a family to take care of including an ill wife, a 16 month old boy, and 8 pets of various types. But Star Wars turns me into a giddy little school kid. It holds a type of magic over me.

And you know what? Its just fine by me!

I think thats whats great about Star Wars, its possible to be a 7 year old kid or a 50 year old man, both can very easily dream of wielding a lightsaber, or flying a star fighter.

Stars Wars opens the same dream reality no matter what the persons age is, and I think thats what it main strength is.

top topics

join