It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold theory.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I heard that if gold is crystalised it can be shot into the atmosphere and repair the ozone layer.
If this is true perhaps that is the reason why gold is so precious and why it has been sought after since the begin of modern civilisation.
I can't think of any other important use for it, silver is a lot more attractive to wear!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 07:45 AM
link   
It's you again,

Hello pixi. I don't know what your listening to but I doubt it would work, and I don't think anyone is gonna jump on it.
Unless you can turn lead into gold!
And I could be wrong here to, but I think Gold is of value for it's intrinsic beauty relative scarcity and maleabity to from into pretty little shapes that women like!
I guess I'll just move on to your next post' LOL

tut tut

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by pixilair
I heard that if gold is crystalised it can be shot into the atmosphere and repair the ozone layer.
If this is true perhaps that is the reason why gold is so precious and why it has been sought after since the begin of modern civilisation.
I can't think of any other important use for it, silver is a lot more attractive to wear!!!

I dont know where to start with this. I would be interested in hearing where you found this information however.

To start off with, Gold is an amorphous metal, and does not crystallize.

Ozone is an ion of oxygen (O3 instead of O2) and is formed whenever oxygen is passed through an electrical arc (ever notice a weird tangy smell whenever you turn on and off an electric motor? Thats ozone), as the electrical arc strips electrons off the outer shell of the oxygen atoms, allowing 3 to combine instead of two. In the upper atmosphere, this ionization is accomplished by UV radiation.

The ozone layer is an effective defense against UV radiation because its atomic structure provides an interference pattern to UV radiation, and is essentially opaque to UV.

Aside from being an electrical conductor, gold has little use in the matter whatsoever.

In addition, gold has been sought after for hundreds if not thousands of year, while the ozone layer has only been researched for the last 20-30 years.

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 08:02 AM
link   
dear tutut-k does rather seem to have put his finger on it, my dear pi-l. We must thank D-R for a little extra info.
Gold "crystallised" -what means this. I suspect that -metallurgically gold like all metals is in some sense crystalline. Do you mean one of the relatively few compounds of gold.
Gold is more easily worked, much less reactive (doesn't tarnish readily), more often found in its nugget or pure metallic state, than silver, and its colour resembles the sun's- hence its historical importance for decoration and as bullion/money.
I'll swap all your gold for its weight in silver.
Are you eating properly? W have nursing staff among our membership and you do seem to be a singular Newbie even by the appallingly low standards of Bill's asylum?
I do apologise for being part of what might seem to be a baptism of fire; but this is a board worth being a member of, and any little hints at the beginning can be a blessing as you proceed.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Actually dragonrider, this thread sounds like a more messed up version of Sitzchen's theory that Mankind was created by extremely long-lived aliens (life span in the hundreds of thousands of years), to mine gold, because the Aliens could use it to form a particle sheild that helped block out radiation from the sun.

I wouldn't begin to know how to debunk the particle shield theory, or if it is possible..to support it...but it would explain why man has more than just a lust for gold due to understanding...of course if something's rare, you could use it to get more things more abundant...but, to a primitive 5,000 years ago, who knew that gold was to be dug up...couldn't possibly have known that the limited quantity there-of, was so extreme as we know it is today.

And yet, they lusted for it all the same. Not always in a form of money, but decoration, such as the Inca's and their literally plating their public works with gold

But anyways, it's from that theory that I think this story is deriving.

Ozone is O3, created by radiation from the sun.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Thanx for that input Freemason.

I would'nt totally rubbish Sitchen though, he has some valid points and is also a very highly respected mason.

Surely, in the quantum sense anything can be broken down to sub-atomic particles, we just don't know how to do it yet, remember most science is also lies to shield the true knowledge.

top topics

join