It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State secret: Thousands sterilized in USA !!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Forced sterilization was pretty common and normal in all western societies. I remember Oregon for the longest time was sterilizing all the mentally retarded people and people who were insane.

I really do hope the government is forced to repay these people, but Im not shocked at all, as I am aware this had been going on for some time evem 30 years ago.

I don't know about the Oregon case specifically, but yes, forced sterilization was common in the West for several decades. It was a horrible, horrible thing, but it was by no means a secret to the general public. Some of the individual people who were sterilized were unaware the procedure had been done on them, however, until they tried to have kids, and couldn't.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Originally posted by Souljah

"Yep, one more step closer to Nazi Germany..."

hey, at least NC admited their mistake
. the program ENDED 30 years ago. How is this going in the direction of the nazis? if anything its a step away from that kind of thinking. by ending the program and admiting to it.
Please dont use this to further your political agenda, i get enough of that on the TV.

No one should be forcefully sterilized, and why sterilize sex offenders? it wont prevent them from continuing unless you castrate them. But then what do we do with female sex offenders? granted they are far fewer, but do we perform a female circumsicion to prevent them from having sexual feelings and remove their ovaries? a rather expensive task. I am in favor of permanent house arrest for the remainder of their lives or putting them into a sex offender community and they are only allowed to be housed there.

[edit on 21-5-2005 by XphilesPhan]

[edit on 21-5-2005 by XphilesPhan]

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
This story is sick. However, that being said, there really are a lot of people that I see on a daily basis that I wish the government would sterilize. Pregnant woman smoking, welfare mom with 6 kids by 4 different dads, slutty teenage girl who has had 7 abortions, etc.

I think reproducing is more of a priveledge than a right. There are some people who would do anything to be able to have children, but are unable to for one reason or another. Imagine how those people feel, who would make awesome parents, when they see trashy people having 12 crack babies and not taking care of them. To bring a human being into this world is one of, if not THE, biggest responsibility one can have. Those who take the decision and responsibility lightly should not be able to produce children who ultimately become a burden on our government and end up depressed and in and out of jail their whole lives. Not to mention drug use, deformities, etc. Some people should just not be allowed to reproduce!

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Did you ever hear that saying, "Creating your own market"? Even though the source article states this was down during a certain time frame, I believe in my own opinion that this is still going on unbeknownst to many today. Most health/medical insurances do not cover infertility. Most of the money comes out of pocket for willing to be moms and dads.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
...government would sterilize. Pregnant woman smoking, welfare mom with 6 kids by 4 different dads, slutty teenage girl who has had 7 abortions, etc.

Those who take the decision and responsibility lightly should not be able to produce children who ultimately become a burden on our government and end up depressed and in and out of jail their whole lives. Not to mention drug use, deformities, etc. Some people should just not be allowed to reproduce!

I could not have stated this better myself. You'd be very surprised at just how many of those disillusioned women think of abortion as a method of birth control.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eden

Originally posted by Rasputin13
...government would sterilize. Pregnant woman smoking, welfare mom with 6 kids by 4 different dads, slutty teenage girl who has had 7 abortions, etc.

Those who take the decision and responsibility lightly should not be able to produce children who ultimately become a burden on our government and end up depressed and in and out of jail their whole lives. Not to mention drug use, deformities, etc. Some people should just not be allowed to reproduce!

I could not have stated this better myself. You'd be very surprised at just how many of those disillusioned women think of abortion as a method of birth control.

Actually, this is just the type of thinking that leads to these atrocities. People believing they know what is best and therefore have some Godly right to pass judgment and implement a punishment.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Jesus, how in the world can you right wingers defend this? They sterilized women because they were "Undesirables" folks. They sprayed us with Pathogens to study spread patterns of diseases, and a holy host of other delightful things like Operation Northwoods, and Drug Running that you can find on any decent FOIA site. Don't you think some of that CIA coke ends up in the school yards here?
I mean seriously, what do you think Uncle Sam just quit doing this kind of stuff because "your generation" came along?

"Meet the new Boss, Same as the old Boss..."
-The Who

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
First and foremost, I'm not judging anyone. I think it's an atrocity that these women and men were "picked" out to be sterilized. Go work in a NICU(neonatal intensive care unit) for two days. I know the effect of what happens to these innocent babies when uncaring mothers just don't give a damn. The majority of those women are also constant drug abusers, and women who have been in and out of jail. Many of these same women have had one or more abortions. They refuse to use any form of birth control or condoms. I'm not playing judge and jury, but when in your eyes would it ever be appropriate to punish these women for their actions? They know a life is growing inside of them yet still act carelessly. I guess through some people's eyes that is their God given right.

[edit on 26-5-2005 by Eden]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join