It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pitfalls of Masonry?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kai-Raega
Perhaps the only pitfall of Masonry is that due to dwindling numbers and the vast majority of them being old men who are but a hair's length away from death's door, they have gone soft on membership standards.

Simply put, they are taking in anyone now.

That is completely untrue. Since 1717. Freemasonry has always allowed men of all kinds, provided they have a good reputation. This is still the case. What IS true, though. is that it is a lot easier for a mason to be advanced up the officer's chairs a lot faster. The ritual and proficiency requirements has gotten soft.

But we are still accepting the same kinds of men that we always have.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Its Funny - check out the "GRAND HAILING SIGN OF DISTRESS" - I kind of looks like the "I GIVE UP/SURRENDER" Pose! HA - I got a kick out of that!

[edit on 19-5-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kai-Raega
Perhaps the only pitfall of Masonry is that due to dwindling numbers and the vast majority of them being old men who are but a hair's length away from death's door, they have gone soft on membership standards.

Perhaps people would wrather be on the internet than attending a lodge meeting. I personally would wrather be reading a book about Masonry at home than attending a Lodge meeting. Or doing something on Saturday with the family wrather than attending a chicken-Q, respectfully. By the time you go through the traffic jam going to work and returning it just kind of zaps anything you have left for extra carricular activity.

Simply put, they are taking in anyone now.

There was a time when they only took in people of higher breeding. Those who were in an elevated social caste. The people I see now in my hometown, wearing jackets that reveal their lodge name and wearing the compass as a lapel pin...they barely have enough chromosomes to be considered a normal human being.

Though I respect them, and know quite a few, I don't think they should be letting the mouth-breathers in.

Though this could be due to my town being full of hillbillies to begin with. Not much of a gene pool here among the natives, if you catch my drift. Thank god I'm not from around here.

Are you saying that some of us may have some slave blood in us maaaannn? We may look white but not be all the way. I have actually wondered that myself because I had ratty hair when I had hair, but don't know for sure. I wonder how one could find out how many different races are in his blood???

<< 1   >>

join