It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Closer to home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Putting idle CPU time to use is a great idea. The number of idle computers doing nothing must be astronomical. SETI@Home at least gave CPUs something to do while they were unattended. As noble a cause SETI is I recentley abandoned it in favour of something closer to home. Protein folding. I feel that doing something that will yeild results is more important than looking for an alien TV signal. Im not saying that what you are doing is a waste of time, Im just asking you to ask yourself if you could put your idle CPU time to better use.

folding.stanford.edu...

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm thinking about switching over to the climateprediction.net... or the Einstein gravitational signals BOINC project myself.
SETI has got enough more than enough supporters, but without any results (so far). At first it was pretty interesting, but basically it really is a waste of time.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
What about Protean folding? Here is the site.

www.grid.org...

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I thought they found alien life

oh wait...

Yeah I've seen those other ones maybe I'll give it ago, I'm done with SETI mission accomplished.

I blame the movie Contact.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I've just got green light from SimonGray to create ATS teams for the other BOINC projects!

Stay tuned for more info

new topics

top topics

join