It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border Patrol told to stand down in Arizona

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   

U.S. Border Patrol agents have been ordered not to arrest illegal aliens along the section of the Arizona border where protesters patrolled last month because an increase in apprehensions there would prove the effectiveness of Minuteman volunteers, The Washington Times has learned.

More than a dozen agents, all of whom asked not to be identified for fear of retribution, said orders relayed by Border Patrol supervisors at the Naco, Ariz., station made it clear that arrests were "not to go up" along the 23-mile section of border that the volunteers monitored to protest illegal immigration.
Source

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

And one quote sucessfully capped my every thought..

"Based on these kinds of orders, we could spend the equivalent of the national debt and never have secure borders."

Source

[edit on 5/13/2005 by QuietSoul]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It sounds like we all had better start brushing up on our espanol, doesn't it?

For some reason, there actually does seem to be some Government conspiracy to allow immigrants vitually free access to our nation while those in power here lie directly to our faces and refuse to even acknowledge that we all realize that something CAN be done to stop it.

This issue, along with others has almost assured that the Republicans won't get my vote in 2008.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Stand down? Where I have heard these words before? Hmmm, I wonder if they are expecting someone...

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This is a travesty!

Here are few good websites that are fo legal immigration. Sign up, maybe you can make a difference.

www.alipac.us...

www.frostywooldridge.com...

If you belong to Coast to Coast radio listen to Frosty's 2 hour interview on illegal immigrants. You will be stunned and outraged.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Stand down? Where I have heard these words before? Hmmm, I wonder if they are expecting someone...

No kidding that sounds incredibly familiar ...

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
If this is true- and I have as much reason to doubt the agents as I do to believe them- then it is a serious indictment of the leadership of the border patrol.

Nowhere in the article did I read anything that would tie in the current administration, or Republicans in general, to this decision. I have to conclude that if this order did come down, it came from the border patrol chiefs in an attempt to regain face over the Minutemen' success.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
If this is true- and I have as much reason to doubt the agents as I do to believe them- then it is a serious indictment of the leadership of the border patrol.

Nowhere in the article did I read anything that would tie in the current administration, or Republicans in general, to this decision. I have to conclude that if this order did come down, it came from the border patrol chiefs in an attempt to regain face over the Minutemen' success.

Bush, out of his OWN mouth, said that the Minutemen volunteers were vigilantes and blasted them for trying to secure the border. Meanwhile, when Congress authorizes money for 2000 more BP agents, Bush takes the money and uses it for something else. Hey, border security ain't that important anyway, right?

We need open borders. It would cut down on illegal immigration AND stop terrorists from entering our country.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
What!!! Are the border agents working for the mexicans now??? !!!

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by wizdumb2003

Originally posted by twitchy

No kidding that sounds incredibly familiar ...

No Doubt man. Keep your eyes peeled guys. The last time we heard Stand Down, Alot of People Died.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I can and cant' believe what I am hearing. Like usual our borders are open to anyone who wants to come through. This is nothing different, I guess were we are a breeding ground for all who want to enter.

This is why the wages and jobs keep getting worse!

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Loss of blue collar jobs, brining in leoprosy, TB and all sorts of other third world diseases......shortening our supply of water and land to grow food on. This is the beginning of the end of America. In 10 years, if the illegal immigration continue to flow in at this rate, we will be the next 3rd world country. The government knows and is sitting back and just watching.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I had some concern at first about the type of people that the minute man would attract, but It worked flawlessly and showed the complete and utter incompetence of the border patrol. these guys did an excellent job and show that patrolling the border could be possible with out going to extreme means like giant walls of military presence on the border. I used to think that would have been the only way to really secure the borders but the marvelous job done by these guys down in arizona showed me otherwise. If they border patrol can somehow come in and regulate/oversee a long network of minuteman project along the border working with and along side the border patrol we would really see some changes on the border.

oh and if you think this is bad, mexico is trying to get to the UN to complain about the US plans to help maintain and regulate it's borders. I'm of the opinion that we do need a good part of the illegals that come across, we need to get them documented and regulated though. And the border must be organize, it's a complete mess down there. But this is too much even for me, the border patrol got taught a lesson by the minute men on how to do their job with real results (over 60% drop in activity or something) with out going to extremes or anything and no reports of any injustices or abuses which really surprise me personally. I was sure that something would have happened with the kind of people who are the most vocal on the immigration subject, but I admit it when I'm wrong.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
A news item covering this story has been submitted to ATSNN. (not by myself)

Please view and cast your vote on this story here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
This is what I don't get...

People here can agree that open borders are bad, but can't see the truth about our govt and 9/11. It's incredible, it really is.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka

People here can agree that open borders are bad, but can't see the truth about our govt and 9/11. It's incredible, it really is.

care to elaborate?

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka

I don't see the connection.

Also, you can put all the smilies you want to in a reply to my original response, but there is still no evidence that the order came from the current administration.

new topics

top topics

join