It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Searching for oil and minerals, Space Geophysics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
In tandem, with HAARP (high frequency active auroral research project) the government, APTI and many geophysicists from around the world have proposed scanning the surface of the earth with satelites, reflecting waves back down toward earth, and penetrating the crust and lithosphere to reveal what is underneath.

It uses similar principles to sonar, seismic, and other geophysical methods to generate a picture of what the earth looks like under the crust.

If this technology is perfected it will be possible to see whatever lies underneath the earth's curst, including, bunkers, underground missle silos, oil reserves, volcanic hot spots, magmatic movements, mineral deposits/reserves, soil stability. It could also potentially genertate satelites that could scan the surfaces of other planets. Giving us a view of the planetary surface, as well as its core composition, density, mass distribution, chemical composition, natural resources and much much more.

My concern is the consequence of this technology. I understand that the tests performed already in alaska (HAARP) and arecibo (LIDAR) have had a genuinely negative effect on the environment (source:Angels don't play this HAARP, jeanette manning? or haarp.net) What will applying this much energy in the form of EMP/EMW do to the earth's magnetic field, and ionosphere? With plans to build an even bigger antenna array than HAARP, could it be the next apocalypse technology, or can we learn to control this potentially breakthrough technology?

As a materials engineer I may one day be working on a grad project entitled "resonance potential of materials in systems of high energy, high frequency transmission," Possibly in combination with the Physics, Geophysics, Petroleum, and mining dept. at Colo. School of Mines. Potentially perfecting this technology.

[edit on 13-5-2005 by Eyeofhorus]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Eh, it sounds like a good idea, but is it pheasable? Anyway, couldn't this lead to new weapon technology(you know, gamma works the same as light just its more powerful). One more thing, if the earth can block out most of the sun's radiation, won't it block out the scanning waves?
A link would be nice.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Official HAARP site:

www.haarp.alaska.edu

Futher info on HAARP:

www.haarp.net

HAARP and concerns of other nations

arcticcircle.uconn.edu/ VirtualClassroom/HAARP/haarp_duma.htm
www.globalpolicy.org/socecon/envronmt/weapons.htm

Haarp as a weapon

www.crystalinks.com/haarp.html
www.physicsforums.com/archive/t-35384_ Haarp_Weapon,_and_Europe's_Cold_Summer.html
www.globalresearch.ca/articles/INT208A.html
www.teslatech.info/ttstore/books/220002.htm

HAARP as geophysics tool

www.beyondweird.com/ufos/Branton_The_ Omega_File_Part_30_ARCO_Eastlund_And_Roots_of_HAARP.html
www.crystalinks.com/haarp.html

Also recommendded reading:
"Angels don't play this HAARP" I hink the author's name is jeanne manning.

We are already able to penetrate the Ionosphere and use the earth's magnetic field to direct the broadcasts. If what you're saying is true then we wouldn't be able to recieve satelite TV, talk on GSM phones, or use GPS systems. The ionosphere and magnetic field, only stop particles that are below a certain energy level, these tests and experiments are conducted way above that normal energy level, slicing through the ionosphere like a hot knife through butter.

[edit on 13-5-2005 by Eyeofhorus]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
www.rense.com...

This replaces the uconn article that is not found.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Do you have a link to the original story? HAARP seems an unlikely candidate for this task.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Do you have a link to the original story? HAARP seems an unlikely candidate for this task.

The original source, angels don't play this HAARP, which is a book by jeanne manning, is where I found this. This is one of the original motives of the project.

Also my professors have heard of, "Space Geophysics" after all the problem with modern geophysics, is that the equipment must be physically taken over the ground to see what lies below. This technology would basically make all of thier equipment obselete.

I don't know whay you think HAARP is a highly unlikely candidate. The planned antenna array wil be able to produce basically any frquency/wavelenth there is, it is not only acceptable, it is the perfect tool. Like a giant MRI, the satelites will reflect this beam for scanning/recieving purposes

top topics

join