It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient computers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I've seen alot of evidence supporting the idea that ancient civilisations such as mesopotamia and eygpt had fairly advanced technology - but take a look at this, isnt it a little creepy ???

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Were did you get the pic from? I would like to read more about it. Can't say I've seen anything like it.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The image is a spoof of the upper register of the banquet side of the Standard of Ur. There is a photograph and an explanation of the original at the British Museum's website.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Cool Venus.........
Something to look into. If I rember correctly Ur was Sumerian. And I have not come accross any Sumerians playing on a computer.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I didn't think that could be real. You would ahve to provide proof that the artwork existed, as well as the date of creation for me to even begin to contemplate it.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Here is the link to the real picture.
college.hmco.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I see. thanks for the link. The original picture above is clearly a knockoff and fake. Would have been interesting though.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   
No problem, Venus gave me the tip.
It would have been more than interesting. It would have been mind blowing.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Wizard wheeze:read before you think before you post.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Estragon
Wizard wheeze:read before you think before you post.

Excuse me. What did you say?

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 03:50 AM
link   
ooooops

that would be too scary if it ws real though... right ?

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Probably fake just like everything else. Just looks like an ad for like pyramid brand computers or something like that. Why would they use what look like iMacs??

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Why do people assume that if they had the technology (I think they had) to build something accomplishing similar task as to what OUR computer today do, it would also look similar???

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
Why do people assume that if they had the technology (I think they had) to build something accomplishing similar task as to what OUR computer today do, it would also look similar???

Can you imagine the size of an ancient Egyptian computer?!
Comparing technological levels between now and then, it'd be the size of the bleedin' great pyramid itself!!

Wait a minute

oui

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 08:18 PM
link   
lol. I can only imagine what the networks were like then. Instead of using your standard tcp/ip packet, you could use a homing pigeon. For ports you could use numbered bird houses. I just hate to think what the ancient network admins were like...

7osi layers? Nah, I think not.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 08:21 PM
link   
In skilled hands the Chinese abacus performs mathematical computations far more quickly than a pocket calculator.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Well I for one think it was a fun find
Nice one Lillith.

here is the original page

www-etcsl.orient.ox.ac.uk...

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The idea that technology is far older than even humanity isnt something new. People accepting the idea, would be new..................

top topics

join