It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Not Told of D.C. Threat Until It Was Over (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Press Secretary Scott McClellan informed America that President George Bush was not made aware of the security breach early Wednesday when an airplane wandered into restricted airspace in Washington D.C.

www.editorandpublisher.com
Late Wednesday, word emerged in wire service accounts that President George W. Bush was not told about the brief security scare and evacuations in Washington, D.C. caused by an approaching Cessna until after the incident was over. The plane, with two men on board, turned away, after violating the no-fly zone and coming within three miles of the White House.

Bush was bicycling in nearby Maryland at the time but with his usual security detail and communications system. The incident touched off speculation about who would have ordered the shooting down of the plane and how closely Bush was monitoring the situation.

Later it turned out: He didn’t know about the threat as it transpired. In fact, he didn't know about it until 40 minutes after the threat expired. Yet the press had no inkling of this from Press Secretary Scott McClellan’s briefing at 1:15 p.m. Below are excerpts from his exchanges with reporters, along with his catch-up later.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If you click on the link there is a pretty interesting interview with Press Secretary Scott McClellan and the media. But on the bright side, it's good to know that the President regularly exercises and reads books to childrens even in the midst of an unknown threat. Which leads me to believe that we have a well educated and well fit president currently in office.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
The protocol is in place, and was followed. No Presidential authority would have been required to take any necessary action to protect the White House.

I did not vote for George Bush. I am not a Republican. Even I am disgusted by this blatant attempt to find fault where none lay.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
i guess the prez was far enough away...? i also read that the city officials were not notified untill after it was over...evacuate the civilians and not the govt officials??? doesn't sound like the current U.S govt.............................

join