It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famous People Who Saw UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Who are some famous people who saw UFOs? I think I can name a few:

Alexander the Great

Christopher Columbus

Can you think of some more? Didn't Jimmy Carter see a UFO?

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Yes, Jimmy Carter did....
He even made disclosure an unofficial part of his platform, but then rescended on it.

I'm familiar with the Alexander sighting (seige of Tyre), but I don't think I've heard of the Columbus one.... Care to go into more detail? I suppose I could search...

EDIT:

Until 1954, only ten thousand people claimed that they had seen a UFO. However, it was around this time that the number of sightings skyrocketed. On November 29, 1973, a Gallup poll reported that fifteen million Americans had personally seen UFOs. Senator Barry Goldwater believed he saw a UFO. Boxer Muhammed Ali and Prince Charles both say they saw UFOs. Actor William Shatner claims that his motorcycle stopped in the desert and UFOs led him to safety. Even former president Jimmy Carter claims to have seen a UFO. Christopher Columbus reportedly saw UFOs four hours before he discovered America in 1492. And then there was the highly publicized sighting that guitarist Jimi Hendrix believed he had at the Woodstock Pop Festival in 1968. However, we surmise in Hendrix’s case that what he thought he saw was probably induced by the '___' he had taken! But what about the millions of others?

[edit on 10-5-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I would like to add that Columbus saw the UFOs in none other than the Bermuda Triangle! William Shatner and Muhammud Ali saw UFOs!?

[edit on 10-5-2005 by Born]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Is there are story you could link to about Columbus seeing a UFO...I've never read that anywhere.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Dan Aykroyd

From

www.laufo.com...

After that, it’s all about how Aykroyd developed a personal interest in UFOs, also about
his personal experiences with them. This not only includes a sighting, but a mysterious
encounter with the infamous Men in Black (MIBs) just before the shut-down of his show on
the sci-fi channel “Out There.” As he describes his MIB encounter, after getting a
telephone call from Brittany Spears, standing on the avenue outside the studio where the
show is taping, he tells a story so uncanny, who would believe it unless they too knew the
Men in Black are a deadly force out to conspire against the serious disclosure to the
public about UFOs?

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
John Lennon...

During what was left of the evening, John kept saying, "I can't believe
it... I can't believe it... I've seen a flying saucer!"

www.virtuallystrange.net...

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
i have heard many stories about many presidents and primeinisters and other world leaders seeing UFO's (althugh i cant really remember which ones at the moment)

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Here is a nice list:

www.ufoevidence.org...

If you look in that list you will see Will smith is in there and John Lennon... hmmm... Lennon seemed to have lots of strange things going on in his lifetime. I mean he was killed by what possibly could have been a programmed assassin, he had an FBI dossier, and he had a UFO sighting? Is that more than just a coincidence? Please do not think that I am saying that Lennon was killed because he saw a UFO that is not what I'm saying. Lennon was alwasy considered a threat because he was a rebel and that is why he was whacked. But it is weird that he had a UFO sighting as well.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Here's a link:
www.bibleufo.com...

Harry S. Truman
Jimmy Carter
" I don't laugh at people any more when they say they've seen UFOs. It was the darndest thing I've ever seen. It was big, it was very bright, it changed colors and it was about the size of the moon. We watched it for ten minutes, but none of us could figure out what it was. One thing's for sure I'll never make fun of people who say they've seen unidentified objects in the sky. If I become President, I'll make every piece of information this country has about UFO sightings available to the public and the scientists."
At a Southern Governors Conference describing an alleged UFO sighting he had in October of 1969 to reporters while campaigning in 1976.
"I am convinced that UFOs exist because I have seen one."
Former U.S. President, , five-time nominee for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Muhammad Ali
"If you look into the sky in the early morning you see them playing tag between the stars." Ali witnessed UFOs on at least two occasions.

Christopher Columbus
"They believe very firmly that I, with these ships and people, came from the sky, and in this belief they everywhere received me, after they had overcome their fear." Journal of the Third Voyage

Jamie Farr
Mr. Farr reported a strange moving light in the skies over Yuma Arizona which stopped and hovered over his car for a few moments. FARR, JAMIE, actor and Emmy nominee for supporting role in the television series M*A*S*H, who observed a UFO near Yuma, Arizona, in the early 1960s. Farr and his wife-to-be, Joy, were driving down a deserted road at about midnight when they caught sight of a light zigzagging across the sky at an incredible speed. It stopped in mid-air, hovered for a while, then took off again at high speed. The UFO approached within one hundred yards of the car, then paced it as Farr maintained a speed of sixty miles per hour. The couple could distinguish a domed apparatus with a light swinging around its base. The desert sand swirled around underneath it. Joy, who had read many books about UFOS, suggested that they should pull over to the side of the road and attempt to make contact. Farr was frightened and kept driving. Suddenly, the UFO took off at phenomenal speed and vanished in the distance. Farr, who did not believe in UFOs prior to the incident, now believes they are spaceships from another PLANET, possibly from another galaxy.

Here's the link to Lennon's UFO experience:
www.mara.org.uk...

top topics

join