It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Playstation Portable Cracked...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Can you do more than one game? Sure, but not more than one at a time.

Are you really going to buy a card just to hold one game when the game is a third of the price? I dunno, seems funny to me.

When a drive is made to burn the media for PSP that will of course be a different story, but in it's current situation I just don't see it being practical.

So erase game from card, copy new game to card and play.
When you want to play the first game again just copy that one to the card again.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Uh, Xbox is the easiest to burn or whatever, you can save them to the xbox, so rent a game for 2 dollars, burn it on to the xbox, return it, rent a 55cent movie, burn it to the xbox, continue.

ALso, what illegal games for GC? GC sucks, if it was the only one it would be great, but since there are PS2, Xbox, PS1, Sega Genesis, Atari, it sucks.

Friend mods PS2 and Xbox for a living(he did mine, it's so cool!!!), he won't do GC cause there is no point making a "paper weight shiny" as he says.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
yupe exactly what Jakko said, being able to crack the copy protection means you can take all your UMD games, movies etc, dump them to the PC via the handy usb cable and now you have an archive of your PSP software on your PC, which you can openly trade to other people you then can add that title to their archive and download to play whenever they want.

Since the smart cards are write/re-write you can have I believe more then 1000 cycles of write/overwrite before you risk the chance of it being corrupted. And even then a simple re format and you should be good to go again.

Sounds like a Kaaza for PSP could be in the works, really Sony should just implement the monthly download fee and allow new titles to be posted on their access site. Then for all paid users you could download the flavor of the month or access special maps for games that you already own or are stored in your archive.

It would be much easier for Sony to evaluate and update the anti piracy code in "upgrades" then to have only the one shot one copy one version on the read only UMD.

Think Punkbuster Sony style, where new updates to lock out cheaters are constantly re-coded into the software. Cheaters or anti-copy tags etc, something that the update reads the hardware serial code off the PSP and then when that same software is illegally distributed it will not function on the other hardware, (of course MS did this with XP but that was hacked) but by constantly evolving the "upgrades" you can be ahead of the hackers to slow the illegal distribution side.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Ah that's true. I guess you can back it up onto a PC and swap em off whenever you want to play something else. Although as said above, after you swap a certain amount of times you do risk data corruption.

I just think it's a rather costly and inconvenient operation overall. Certainly a lot more inconvenient than burning a disc or whatever.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Ingenuity++

I've got some buddies who are planning to buy an XboX 360 (STUPIDEST NAME EVER) because it's a really fast, really cheap computer. The rumors are that it could have 3 1.8GHz processors. Not a bad deal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join