It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Bush Members Are Voted Out of Church - article

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The religious right is largely supported by people who want to bring back slavery as the bible supports and promotes.

It isn't about surrendering themselves to a higer purpose.

It is about subjegating other people to their petty little egos.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
really, I was beginning to wonder if it wasn't to convince enough leaders of the church to become overly policallly active, and lose the tax exempt status...after all, outside of the rich, and corporations, the churches are holding more wealth than the rest of us!!

although, considering the current economic situation, well, I can see where they might think slave labor would be a great idea.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Slavery, is where the religious right and the corporate profiteers have a convergence of agendas.

The corporate control of America doesn't want the southern border secure, because that is where their essentially slave labor comes from.

The religious right wants to re-institute slavery because they aren't intelligent enough to think of any other method of getting ahead in life. There is no point in using their minds, because they just aren't up to the task.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I have always been a swing voter. However, after the GOP started using "God" as a weapon I gave up on the so called party of personal responsibility, etc.

I will not vote for anyone, anything, or anywho that uses the angle of "God and faith". That is demeaning others for not goose stepping in line with their "faith" or whatever.

Heck, I even voted for Sen. Frist the first time. He sure made an a$$ out of me!!!!!!!! Only heart surgeon I know that can make a diagnosis of neurological disorder by watching a home video. Did you know the company his family owns-HCA settled with the federal gov't for $750,000,000 worth of Medicare fraud? The GOP wanted him writing the bill for makeover of such. What a farce. Watch your wallets guys, and your faith.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
ya, but even the slave masters of old had to feed and shelter, cloth their slaves....none of these guys want to do that, our government is at the moment. And, well, I've pressed the issue a few times and have come to the conclusion they don't want to. so, who will be feeding their slaves when the middle class is eaten up by the taxes, dwindling wages ,ect....

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
What adds to the sorrow of the US is the corporations that get all the advantages legislation can give them, pay virtually no taxes. [Cayman island profits, no government regulations, etc.]

And the people who pay the taxes, get almost nothing.

So unless you are a simple minded Religious righter who can be placated by the Marriage Amendment act, or forcing Creationism to be taught in a 'science' class, even though you pay the piper he still plays someone elses tune.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
unless of course....
you are heavily invested into stocks...then, well, this administration is definately playing your tune!!!

And, I am beginning to think that alot of the Bush supporters aren't looking at how Bush is helping/hurting our economy, but rather how he is helping their bank accounts personally.
The religious right will probably get a surprised sooner or later, since well, I think they are simply being used.
like I said, the republicans get a little boost by the churches openly endorsing their candidates, but what are the other benefits of their strategy?
loss of tax exempt status...boy, what a cash cow that would be for the federal, state, and local gov'ts.
and...
a means to stick their nose into doctrine and begin dictating it.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
What's even worse is that the people making the laws aren't who we voted for. DIck Cheney was meeting with Enron&Co to discuss energy plan, and look at that, the Bush&Co plan favors the big businesses that gave them billions....

Look at that, big business wants to cut down every tree in the country. Clinton passed a law making it illegal to cut down a crap load of trees in protected areas, and what does Bush do? Meet with the loggers, and week later cut down the trees is passed by him.

Hell, 51% didn't vote for him first time, and 49% didn't second time, and the people who did vote for him are getting shafted. At least the people who chose the lesser of the two evils can say "Hey, we told you he was a corrupt satan's child sucking on the left teet of big business."

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The pastor of this church I went to didn't like the fact that I voted for the Constitution Party candidate, Michael Peroutka, instead of his homeboy Bush.

He liked it even less when I told him Bush is evil!

He wound up revoking my membership--it was the Bush thing and some other thing I had an issue with (very long story).

He threw out the usual nonsense, "You're wasting your vote" and "A vote for a third party is a vote for Kerry."

Seems to me he wasted his. And check this out:

The Truth about Bush

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join