It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missile shield

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Which missile shield do Russia, China and US have? I red somewhere that the Chinees and Russian missile defence are more advanged then the american, I dont know if that is true though!

I been told that the US takes out enemy radar systems with cruise-missiles or Tamahawks, so that means there is no point of having one if it will get shot down, therefor They must have good anti-missile defence, I assume...

[edit on 8-5-2005 by 187onu]

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by 187onu
so that means there is no point of having one if it will get shot down, therefor They must have good anti-missile defence, I assume...

[edit on 8-5-2005 by 187onu]

Your message is not in proper English so I dont understand what you are trying to say.

There is no point for who to have what?

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
By "THEY" I ment China and Russia.

as I stated, radar system get shot/bombed by Tomahawks/cruise-missiles, after saying that, what is the point of having radar/AA defence if it gets shot or blown up?!

Therefore "They" as in China/Russia must have good anti-missile defences right?

Now the quesiton is "WHICH" systems do THEY use?

capish?

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
China has no know defensive system that is capable of destroying a long range ballistic missile. It is doubtful that they are even close to having the technology to do so. Any conventional system requires outstanding radar that China doesn't have (It is much harder to track a small, low RCS object a few hundred miles into space than an aircraft, especially with chaff/penetration aids/ecm), solid rocket technologies that they do not have, guidance systems that they do not have, etc.

Russia has had a system for years around Moscow that uses missiles with nuclear warheads to intercept incoming missiles in space/the upper atmosphere. The US used to have a system very similar to that around Grand Forks ND - but it was scrapped when the US decided that the EMP effects from the interceptors would be just as harmful as the incoming soviet warheads.

The US system is technologically WAY ahead of anything the rest of the world has attempted - hence the time it is taking to work out the bugs. Also, the US would be able to detect a cruise missile attack on it's mainland radar stations well in advance of any attack (Cruise missiles are slow and most are not stealthy), and could likely shoot them down before they reached the mainland. You would probably be safe in assuming that (once online) the ABM radar systems will be some of the most heavily defended areas in the world...

top topics

join