It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are they talking about You?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Four Britons were jailed on Friday for stealing software and giving it away free on the internet. They were part of a global gang of "Robin Hood's" stealing from the rich companies (like Microsoft) and offering free software worth millions

The group were described by prosecutors as ""sad individuals" who spent their lives in front of computers." The thieves were motivated by a hatred of software companies and were made up of corporate executives, university administrators and IT managers.

Often using moles in large corporations, the group cracked security codes for Norton Antivirus, Microsoft's Word and Excel products, and also pirated games and design programs. The cost of their activities run into very many millions in lost profit ... the losses are incalculable.

Prosecutor Bruce Houlder told the court "They see themselves as stars, night time tappers of keyboards. You might feel that their lives are rather sad, living as they do for very large parts of their days and nights in a virtual world, in front of a computer monitor, cocooned from existence." .

Full story here: www.reuters.com...;jsessionid=3SDTYWMMNHHBICRBAE0CFEY?type=topNews&storyID=8413460

Are you living a sad life in front of your monitor?

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
lol i do tend to check mail and stuff on the net daily- but i would say that i lived my life infront of the computer.

They must have spent alot of time on their computers- but ina way i see why they were doing it.
Big companies- such as microsoft charge so much money for software- norton antivirus is £50 or £60, and not forgetting the cost of the computer in the first place.
I use macs in college and some of the software for the macs cost more than the computer itself!

Im not saying yeah i agree with what they did- but i did have a little giggle when i read it!

new topics

join