It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does the chatroom work?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Hey,
Allrighty im sure most people notice that at the bottom of the ATS homepage theres is something that tells you who is in what chatrooms at the moment. When i first saw this, i had no idea that there were chatrooms, so i searched for how to get in! I think i did find it at the top in green letters by all my member option thingies, simply named chat. However every time i click on it, NOTHING ever happens, it pretends to load and thats it....im going insane, could someone please help me????!?!?
Many thanks in advance!
-Dani

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Hey first you need 200 posts, i see you are at 155 posts at the moment..

When you have 200 (to see how many posts you have put your arrow over the grey bar on your profile)

then click the chat tab at the top of the page,

Enter you name and password in the lil box, hit login

Go in to the pub! and there ya go

[edit on 6-5-2005 by asala]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
to add some more technical info.

You need to make sure your browser is pop-up enabled.. or you have the pop-up blockers disabled, or you knwo the super secret direct link

Next you will need to make sure you browswer is flash enabled, and is updated.

Get to 200 posts and join the insantiy... just don't go idle or someone might try to releave his itchy 'kick' finger. ANd be aware that cpr12r is a chat bot trying to mimic a 13 year old who is trying to get a girlfriend and goes on late night sugar benders

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Also be aware that chat only seems to load when accessed from ATS. It won't work from BTS or PTS.

If by chance after you reach 200 posts it still doesn't work, upgrade your Flash player (there's a link at the bottom of the chat window) then try again.

edit: Jehosephat beat me to it.

[edit on 2005/5/6 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
suugaaarr ~.- hi i'm cpr you local chatbot extroidinarre.... I'm in chat a lot.. I'm also idle a lot... and when I'm not idle somehow we start talking bout my lobve life!

SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS I HAVE AN ARM WHICH I GOT SURGERY ON TOPDAY AND IT HARD TO TYPE FAST AND GOOD WITHOUT HANDS!

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Lol, thanks for the replies, it was helpful, i guess that explains alot, the 200 posts thing. Well i guess id better get started! lol hehe, 156 after this one.
Thanks again!
-Dani

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r

SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS I HAVE AN ARM WHICH I GOT SURGERY ON TOPDAY AND IT HARD TO TYPE FAST AND GOOD WITHOUT HANDS!

cpr, I didn't notice any difference in your typo to text ratio, honestly.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
HAHAHAAAAAAA!!!! I'MMMMMM BACK! i SAVED THIS FOR THE 200th post!
After this is posted i officially have 200 posts!!! MUhahahhaaaaa, its chatroom time!!! Hmmm.....so how many days did that take me?
::Counts fingers/days:: 4 days! It took 4 days, hahaaa....yes im finally there!!!
Hmm....BTW how many posts does it take to get into the higher access forums, like ignorance denied and others. Thanks!
-Dani

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Urghhhhhhh, allright what am i doing wrong, i clicked chat at the top of my window on the members options bar thingy and the same thing still hapens! THe screen just sort of flashes, as if it loaded something, but it always stays the same, and nothing happens!!!! Ughhh.....
Can someone help me......lol
Thanks,
Dani

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Dani, who is that in your avatar, if I may?

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Vesuvius 13 try deleting cookies and try again,

you should get in then,

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Okay, thanks Asala ill try that out real fast...

DeltaChaos: The person in my avatar is a japanese goth singer. They use to be the singer of a band called Velvet Eden, but they left this band and i dont know what band theyre part of now. They went by the name of Dada in Velvet Eden though. I think it's a beautiful picture, the only scary part about it is that it isnt a girl...lol its a guy. lmao yeah hard to believe im sure lol, it took me a couple weeks to get over it. Cause when i first saw her or him, w/e, i started out pointing out how very hot she was!
And then my sister had to ruin it by pointing out the fact that it was a guy!
Urgh, i would have preferred to remain ignorant of that! lol I saw the persons picture in an issue of a gothic magazine called Newgrave issue 5 or something.

-Dani

Edit: Okay i can get into chat now, it was my popup blocker! lol I didnt check it b/c on another forum i get a popup for every new Pm/U2U message, so i figured that couldnt be it, lol. I guess i was wrong though! lol Thanks for your help everyone!!!!

[edit on 10-5-2005 by Vesuvius 13]

new topics

top topics

join