It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dragon's Demesne

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I wasn't sure what forum to put this in, but I figured this was the most appropriate one.

A friend of mine and I are creating a website, the goal of which is to be a kind of online tutorial for people in school, particularly math and the sciences, since that is where my greatest expertise lies. I reviewed the ATS rules on this, and it's ok to mention a personal website after 60 days as a contributing member. There's basically nothing there so far, except a bunch of headers. We started the site a couple of months ago, but we were way too busy to do anything on it, and it has sat empty until then (and still does)

Reasons I am doing this:
1) Because the school system sucks, and I hope I can help.
2) Because I want to stay in practice over the summer working out this kind of stuff, so that my brain isn't mush by September

So if you have any math or physics stuff you want me to try and figure out for you, I'll be happy to give it a whirl. I can't promise when I'll get to them, but hopefully it will be within a few days of my receiving it.

My formal educational background: I have finished four years out of 5 in my electrical engineering program. I've taken at least half a dozen math classes, four history courses so far, two biomedical engineering courses, three chemistry courses, and tons of physics and engineering.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I was think'n that under Chit-Chat would be a good place to start, but hey, I found it here OK.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I do have a math/Phisics thread you might want to look at?

www.belowtopsecret.com...

This started in religion, but moved to General.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I'm not sure if you meant to refer to a calendar thread, but I replied to it, anyway, since it was an interesting idea. The website I am planning is more along the lines of the sort of calculations people would have to do for high school or university courses, stuff like forces and velocities and trigonometry. Maybe chit-chat would have been a better place for this topic, but like I said, I wasn't really sure where this should go, so I won't take offense if a mod finds a better place for it.

top topics

join