It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

about faith

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
this is a kind of informative question...whats the position of societies (members of the various ones please answer) about fate, destiny etc.
i'd like to know about it.

ok what i am traying say is that i would like to hear some opinions about destiny, the belief in a life with a specific path, task etc written by something or someone higher. something we cannot escape or don want to escape.

[edit on 1-5-2005 by obzkured]

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Could you expand on this for a little clarity?

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I believe all things are possible and nothing is set in stone.

If we all have come from past lives, then this would explain a lot of things about our current lives.

I believe we all come from the same source and our bodies powered by the same energy from which we all share a connection.

As far as a Destiny, I don't think there is such a thing. I could be wrong. For all I know I could be the anti-christ and I'm failing miserably. Free will is a bitch.

Each of us set our own paths of which to develop ourselves spiritually and physically. To say we have a Destiny would be to say each of us has a path laid out for us which wouldn't make any sense at all considering Free will and such.

It would be like god saying, Ok, I give you free will, but your entire life is to evolve around this purpose from day to day. I guess in a sense our Destiny is to be as Godlike as we can be before we die so that we may be accepted by him as a true reflection of himself..

Or maybe we are all just freaks of accidential nature formed out of evolution and powered by stealing a source of life giving energy from the googoolonians from planet xanex.

Who knows.

lol

join