It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we not have a base on the moon??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
A Moon base is coming, wether it will have a US flag or a Hilton Hotels flag is another matter though

sardion2000, you actually hit an interesting point. Virgin Inc. has purchased (or leased) a ship that enables a customer to enjoy a dinner in Zero gravity in the comforts of space (also attached with a hefty price tag). But that is just one example of the privitization of the space sector. People are spending large amounts to have their DNA thrown into space in hopes of being found millenas later and 'reincarnated' (no lie). Others are being incinerated and placing their ashes in a capsule to be slung out in the middle of space. It's going to be only a matter of time before The Corporate will eventually captialize on the oppurtunity to own land on another planet, establish a hotel and of course make a large profit. The Corporate is going to be NASA to it, guranteed.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Well Simulacra I was only half joking, I absolutely agree with you. The corporations can do alot of good for space exploration, we just gotta convince them theres profits to be made. Manufacturing and the Made in Space sticker is going to become more popular methinks in the next 20 years.

Virgin Inc. has purchased (or leased) a ship

Unfortunatly Branson has run into a few roadblocks on the way, namely strategic arms control treaties that is in the way of him owning some SS2 model sub-orbital vehicles. FYI There will be only one SpaceShipOne and it's in the Smithsonian now
I cannot wait to see SpaceShipTwo
I hope they get over the hurdles.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
there is already a base on the moon

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ned316
there is already a base on the moon

And where would this be?

Mic

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I think if I had to pay for a base on the moon or one on Mars, I would opt for the Mars base just on the fact that there are many different kinds of minerals and other stuff vs. just plain moon dust. I think the Mars idea would pay off much quicker also in the resale of mass materials.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   

just plain moon dust

Uhhmmm you do know that the Moon has a huge reserve of Helium-3 right?

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
For those who may not be familiar with what Helium 3 is and why it is so valuable:

"Helium 3 fusion energy may be thekey to future space exploration and settlement," said Gerald Kulcinski,Director of the Fusion Technology Institute (FTI) at the University ofWisconsin at Madison.

If we can get it, refine it we could use the moon as one heck of a launching platform!

www.space.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

3) the reptilians don't want us there

I thought it was them damn Nordics!

If you want to know if we really landed on the moon, ask those aliens who parked their UFO's there for a front-row view of it all. I'm sure some of our ATS members who claim to be frequently abducted could ask them next time they're picked up and probed!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join