It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resolution to Anti US Hate?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I have a proposition for everyone as well as the US goverment.
Why don't the US follow Mao Tse Tung's lead? He closed the borders of China. For years, China had nothing to do with the external world.
After a few years, China re-entered the world scene a much "better" stronger nation than it was before.
With all the Hate that is presently directed towards the US and it's citizens, I would love to see the US pull it's troops back from around the world. Use these troops to protect our borders. Develope a anti-missile "shield" (if not already there).
Use the trillions of dollars that is presently being sent arounf the world and resolve our internal conflicts. Fix the Social Security system, the health system, the unemployment, bring down the crime rate, drug abuseetc.
Let the rest of the world go their merry way. Let North Korea, take over South Korea, Let the Taliban take back Afghanistan, Al-Queda take back Iraq.
Let the rest of the world fight and most likely with today's technology, blow themselves up.
Why, should America, and it's people continue to try to spread democracy, help those in need? We need to take care of our own first. Trying to continue as we are today, seems only to incite more and more hatred towards the US and the American people.
The above solution, I know will never ever be allowed to occur I know. It is just wishful thinking. It would cause an upheval and market crash the likes of which the world has never seen. Industries both here in the US as well as those around the world would fail.
I know many would say that we don't have the resources needed to take this course of action. By the goverment's own number's, The US could continue to operate it's goverment and a stepped down industry (remember no longer shipping out of the US) for up to 7 years.
This 7 year period, should be more than adequate to resolve our internal affairs. Make the US a stronger nation better able to compete in the world market.
Unfortunately, I beleive that even taking extremes steps like I have mentioned will not do away with all the hate. It will probably engender even more as people start seeing just how much the American people (not the goverment) actually do in helping those outside our nation. Closing our borders etc, will most likely fuel the misconceptions and the religious fevor of many people around the world as well as here at the ATS.
Look at Al Zaqawi and Bin Laden have said repeatedly, they will not be satisfied until the US is destroyed.

What will it take people! What will make you stopped the cycle of hatred?
Many here state that the US are invaders and are unwanted. The Americans are ignorant and uneducated. that what patriotism that actually exists here in the US is "bullcrap". I have been in many countries around the world. I have many many close friends who are from virtually every walk of life, nationality and religion. All have thought that the US actions were correct. During the 9/11 attack, many were concerned for my family's safety so when I see and here this constant hatred towards Americans, the only thing that I can relate it to is the old Nazi feelings towards the rest of the world. the hatred of a few, spreads to the rest.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
"After a few years, China re-entered the world scene a much "better" stronger nation than it was before."

You know why this happend? It's because the leaders of that country one day woke up and realized that communism and isolationism just weren't going to cut it. So they had no other choice than to open up to the world.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
maybe we can give all of our money and natural resources away, and become a 3rd world country, and start asking other countries to fight our fights and send us aid, and then no one will hate us !

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
We don't need to close the borders and start a "Middle Kingdom", we simply need to stop trying to take over the planet. Which is precisely what we're doing now, whether or not we have the cojones to admit it.

Nobody wants to live in someone elses empire, and three hundred million Americans cannot rule six billion humans forever, no matter how fancy our techology is. We'll either abandon the path of Empire willingly, or we'll be removed from the planet. It's really that simple.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012During the 9/11 attack, many were concerned for my family's safety so when I see and here this constant hatred towards Americans, the only thing that I can relate it to is the old Nazi feelings towards the rest of the world. the hatred of a few, spreads to the rest.

Many countries around the world mourned with the US after 9/11 and had a great deal of sympathy for the American people.

The anti-US sentiments didn't really start building until the buildup to the war in Iraq and grew even greater as the war went on.

The solution to preventing further anti-American sentiments may be to stop waging wars against countries that have not attacked you.

Now do you have a solution to the anti-European, anti-Iranian, etc.. sentiments coming from Americans that can be compared to the old Nazi feelings towards the rest of the world?

Let's not pretend that Americans are without hate.
See the polls below as to who hates who more:

[edit on 26-4-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
We don't need to close the borders and start a "Middle Kingdom", we simply need to stop trying to take over the planet. Which is precisely what we're doing now, whether or not we have the cojones to admit it.

Nobody wants to live in someone elses empire, and three hundred million Americans cannot rule six billion humans forever, no matter how fancy our techology is. We'll either abandon the path of Empire willingly, or we'll be removed from the planet. It's really that simple.

A voice of reason ! cheers

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
AceOfBase

Now do you have a solution to the anti-European, anti-Iranian, etc.. sentiments coming from Americans that can be compared to the old Nazi feelings towards the rest of the world?

The anti-European feelings that you refer to targeted not to Europe but to France and Germany. I would not even call ot Anti anything other than anger that instead of pushing the UN and other organizations to actually do perform their investigations etc. as they were ordered to by the UN Security counsil. The reason that France and Germany faught this? MONEY. Instead of doing right they followed the green monster.

The Anti-Iran feelings, I am sorry, but as for the American people, this has calmed down extensively since 9/11. I work closely with Iranians on a daily basis, and they have made this observation a number of times.

Do I support ANTI Europe / Iran feelings no. Do you see / hear on a daily basis vows to destroy both Europe / Iran from Americans (oops, take that back, I am sure that Al-Jazeer has a few "news" articles "proving" this).

The solution to preventing further anti-American sentiments may be to stop waging wars against countries that have not attacked you.

Do you real believe this? as mentioned in my origional posting, both Bin Laden and Al Zaqawi have stated numerous times that the end result that they and their people want is the complete destruction of the US.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
The anti-European feelings that you refer to targeted not to Europe but to France and Germany. I would not even call ot Anti anything other than anger that instead of pushing the UN and other organizations to actually do perform their investigations etc. as they were ordered to by the UN Security counsil. The reason that France and Germany faught this? MONEY. Instead of doing right they followed the green monster.

Why did million of European citizens protest the war in Iraq if it was about money?
Was Saddam paying them off?
The war was wrong and Americans hate France and Germany because Americans don't like being told they're wrong and they don't like other nations standing in the way of a war that they wanted to wage.

The nations who went along with the war are the ones who did it for the money. The coalition of the bribed and the coerced.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Do you see / hear on a daily basis vows to destroy both Europe / Iran from Americans

Europe, no, not yet.
Just vague grumblings about how they're "commies" and not supportive enough of US militarism.

But I read posts about how we "must" attack Iran nearly every day right here on this forum.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Ace of Base,
Look at many of your own posts that are very ant american. I do not mean anti US goverment but actual anti us citizen.
Here is a bit of information for you.

Facts on Who Benefits From Keeping Saddam Hussein In Power

France # France controls over 22.5 percent of Iraq’s imports.[1] French total trade with Iraq under the oil-for-food program is the third largest, totaling $3.1 billion since 1996, according to the United Nations.[2] # In 2001 France became Iraq’s largest European trading partner. Roughly 60 French companies did an estimated $1.5 billion in trade with Baghdad in 2001 under the U.N. oil-for-food program.[3]

Germany

# Direct trade between Germany and Iraq amounts to about $350 million annually, and another $1 billion is reportedly sold through third parties.[10] It has recently been reported that Saddam Hussein has ordered Iraqi domestic businesses to show preference to German companies as a reward for Germany’s “firm positive stand in rejecting the launching of a military attack against Iraq.” It was also reported that over 101 German companies were present at the Baghdad Annual exposition.[11]

If that is not profiteering... what is?

A Year After Iraq War Mistrust of America in Europe Ever Higher, Muslim Anger Persists

In the predominantly Muslim countries surveyed, anger toward the United States remains pervasive, although the level of hatred has eased somewhat and support for the war on terrorism has inched up. Osama bin Laden, however, is viewed favorably by large percentages in Pakistan (65%), Jordan (55%) and Morocco (45%). Even in Turkey, where bin Laden is highly unpopular, as many as 31% say that suicide attacks against Americans and other Westerners in Iraq are justifiable. Majorities in all four Muslim nations surveyed doubt the sincerity of the war on terrorism. Instead, most say it is an effort to control Mideast oil and to dominate the world.

Remember, Osam has repeatedly vow to destroy the US and the western world.

Obviously the Europeans had economic ties to the Sadaam Hussein regime. Iraq owed Germany $4.3 billion and Russia $12 billion. Next to Russia, France is Iraq's biggest creditor. www.jubilee2000uk.org..."

www.rense.com...

Yes this has been shown to be the case

Do I agree with the war. NO unfortunately, The Anti US feelings were stated before the war.
Bin Laden called the FATWA against the US all the way back in 1996

BIN LADEN'S FATWA

That negates your reasoning that the ANTI-US hatred was due to the war.

I do not beleive that the US goverment is out to take over the world.
Nor do I beleive the Goverment would be stupid enough to even try.

[edit on 26-4-2005 by kenshiro2012]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I do want to keep this thread on track. I am not pointing fingers at any one, any nation nor any nationality / people / religion.
The Anti American sentimate is becoming very persuasive here as throughout the world. Almost to the point where I could almost believe that many here would not be sad to see the US either close up or even destroyed.

If the world hates the US and the American citizens so much, then maybe the US should just pull out of all nations, both the military as well as our assistance organizations. Stop worrying about the rest of the world. Take care of our internal problems. Get things here back up and running like they should be.

Then, re-enter the mainstream of the world to see if the world, even wants interaction with the US.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   

If that is not profiteering... what is?

France's trade with Iraq of $3.1 billion in 6 years is not a lot of money compared to their trade with the US in the same time.

France exported $18.6 billion worth of goods to the US in 1996, $20.6 billion in 1997, $24 billion in 1998, $25.7 billion in 1999, $29.8 billion in 2000, $30.4 billion in 2001, $28.2 billion in 2002. link

Germany's trade with the US is even higher.
If they were motivated by money, why side with Iraq instead of the US?

If you'd like to know what war profiteering is, how about confiscating billions in Iraqi assets, including money earned under oil for food and giving it to US contractors?

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   

If the world hates the US and the American citizens so much, then maybe the US should just pull out of all nations, both the military as well as our assistance organizations. Stop worrying about the rest of the world. Take care of our internal problems. Get things here back up and running like they should be.

Then, re-enter the mainstream of the world to see if the world, even wants interaction with the US.

I have no problem with that.
That would also mean stopping military aid to Israel, which is the biggest recipient of US aid with the exception of Iraq during the war. I don't know if the US is ready to do that but it would probably improve US relations with the Middle East.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Despite the posturing, all resistance to US dominance is not "anti-American."
Every time the US commits some horror in the world, any protest is met with some joker complaining about "anti-Americanism."

I am American, I am a patriot, and my resistance to US attempts at imposing political hegemony on the planet are based strongly in the values the US claims to stand for. Unfortunately, the US is increasingly seen, not as a beacon of freedom and justice, but as a cynical empire concerned only with increasing it's own power. There is a reason for that, US actions over the past several years certainly make this argument more and more convincing.

It is not "anti American" to demand that the US practices what it preaches. It is not "treason" for US citizens to demand that their government abide by the principles we claim to cherish. The real 'traitors" are those who would surrender the Republic for the glories of Empire.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Bin Laden called the FATWA against the US all the way back in 1996

BIN LADEN'S FATWA

That negates your reasoning that the ANTI-US hatred was due to the war.

I was referring mostly to anti-US sentiments from traditional US allies.

If you would have read that fatwa though, you'll see he does mention Iraq.
You should also look at the title.

Declaration of War against the Americans Occupying the Land of the Two Holy Places

It should not be hidden from you that the people of Islam had suffered from aggression, iniquity and injustice imposed on them by the Zionist-Crusaders alliance and their collaborators; to the extent that the Muslims blood became the cheapest and their wealth as loot in the hands of the enemies. Their blood was spilled in Palestine and Iraq. The horrifying pictures of the massacre of Qana, in Lebanon are still fresh in our memory.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   

If you'd like to know what war profiteering is, how about confiscating billions in Iraqi assets, including money earned under oil for food and giving it to US contractors?

The assets that you reference I beleive are from news reports back in 2003 Correct? If so, you failed to mention what the assets were to be used for. Just to help.

The Bush administration said it plans to use about $1.44 billion of the confiscated funds to help rebuild Iraq, and estimated that there were billions of dollars in Iraqi assets outside the U.S. that could be seized and used for the same purpose. The remaining $300 million in Iraqi funds in the U.S. would be reserved for lawsuits by U.S. citizens who claim they have been brutalized by the Iraqi regime, such as those who were held as so-called human shields during the Gulf War of 1991. Estimates of the cost of rebuilding Iraq range from about $10 billion a year to as much as $60 billion, so the funds won't pay for a substantial amount of the bill. The U.S. is also counting on using some of Iraq's oil revenue of about $20 billion annually to pay for the reconstruction bill.

U.S. Seizes Billions in Iraqi Assets

That would also mean stopping military aid to Israel, which is the biggest recipient of US aid with the exception of Iraq during the war. I don't know if the US is ready to do that but it would probably improve US relations with the Middle East.

That of course would be part of the "package". All forces military as well as aid, be withdrawn back into the US.

Xmotex ,
I am sorry that you seem to think that joker is claiming that protests against "atrocities commited by the US" is equated to Anti_Amerianism".

It is not. try reviewing international news, postings by numerous ATS'ers and you can see what I am refering to.
If US goverment /troops are guilty of crimes then I will support the proscution of those criminals. Unfortunately, as has been stated here at ATS and in some "news agencies" Americans are dumb,

arrogant pricks your educational system breeds idiots with little or no knowledge of history or geography and your media and politicians feed on your fear and feed you bullcrap patriotism.

[edit on 26-4-2005 by kenshiro2012]

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I always thought that Pearl Harbour may have gone some way to showing the US why isolations doesnt work.

Also what would the US do without foriegn oil?

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Uncle Joe,
Unfortunately, Pearl Harbor was caused by the US and Admiral Perry's decision to ignore Japan's requests / demands not to take the fleet into Tokyo Bay. The US ignored the requests and sailed into Tokyo Bay.
What would the US do if Another country's naval force entered our waters even after being told that we did not want them to, that we would not allow them to?

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

Why did million of European citizens protest the war in Iraq if it was about money?

In fact, there is a lot of evidence that Saddam was paying off the French, Germans, and Russians. Ever hear of the UN's oil for food program?

But since all of your posts are so anti-American, I doubt you would have noticed this being mentioned many times and recently in the news.

article

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
In fact, there is a lot of evidence that Saddam was paying off the French, Germans, and Russians. Ever hear of the UN's oil for food program?

But since all of your posts are so anti-American, I doubt you would have noticed this being mentioned many times and recently in the news.

article

Where is Germany mentioned in that article?
Please find me the German connection to oil for food.

Where are the millions of European citizens who protested the war mentioned in that article?

A few companies in Europe (some of which were subsidiaries of US firms) and the US made money off of Saddam but that doesn't explain why the millions of citizens who did not get money from Saddam protested the invasion.

[edit on 27-4-2005 by AceOfBase]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join