It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When are we Advanced

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I like to believe that Aliens do exist lol because i think there plenty of accounts and proof to at least support this. Anyway i wondered at what point does a civiilisation become fit or "advanced" for contact - I honestly believe we are under a cosmic quarantine of sorts - and the aliens are limited in respects to what they can do, I do wonder why after the first nuclear bombs were dropped we started seing more UFO's perhaps
- because more people had cameras to take photots so we would believe
- larger population to see the ufo's as suppose to the past
-space race hbad begun people might be thinking more about aliens?
I dunno those reasons are off top opf me head why more UFOs have been seen from around that time up to now.

Maybe once a civiliastion begins using nuclear energy Aliens start priming us with simple increase in UFO activity?
For the next inevitible leap in technology which will then allow then to make contact ?
I ask what you people think this tech is - hell for all i know maybe all it takes is a peaceful society and they would?
I tend to think they are waiting for some achievement maybe fission energy, or zero g energy something that would more or less take the shackles of the world so that we might be peaceful.
Im aware this energy supposedly exists and so on - and in that case we are not getting it untill certain people want us to have it.
Anyhoe just wondered what you think it till take, perhaps they will just have to interven because we are so controlled at the mo we will never learn the truth before it is to late.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Well i think that could get interesting as soon as we start using quantum computers, ion engine space drives and an advanced hibernation techique like it was posted not long ago on ATS.

At least i think we would be able to start to explore colonizing our own solar system with these advancements.

To be honest...as soon as we reach such a stage its absolutely sure that we are contacted in some way. I mean if you see it from a political point of view i would rather try to contact us and start a partnership than seeing humans getting to powerful and advanced in the future.
Don´t forget we are already about 6 billion people (correct me plz if im wrong). If we get useful and economic space travel technology we would start colonizing like mad and this number would rise extremly. At the rate humans are able to procreate (spelling?) i can imagine some alien races fear us. So i think they will appear as soon as we own the level to colonize other planets to guide us on the first steps.

Sounds pretty scary but if they dont do it for selfish purposes it can only be good for us!

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Gravitic drives are the "propulsion" of the future. Ion drives might be used as back up, or impulse drives for medium to large ships. I personally don't think Ion drives will last very long as the mainstay of propulsion and we may infact skip it entirely.

Look for drives similar to both conventional UFO's and Star Trek nacelles sometime in the future.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Well if they contact us more sooner than later which i think they will - i think the tech that will break the barrier will obviously something thats on the horizon now, hence i think its sustainable fusion. Who knows hey i just hope i not ere after 20 years and no contact has been made lol i would be dissapointed- to be honest i want it now. lol

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
mbadran99

"i've always thought the aliens are ahead in tech."

ill reply to this:::
Some Aliens are ahead of us in technology, perhaps by billions of years
Some aliens are just little bugs on a otherwise desolate planet
Some aliens are like plants
Some aliens are equal to Earth in technology

see how it works? since there is undoubtably countless different alien races /types etc...its only logical that you would find a type of alien to fit any and Every Catagory

robot aliens too

but the Aliens visiting earth ?
they are certainly more advanced than earthlings
otherwise; we would be Visiting their planet , wouldnt we

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Well, the Drake Equation defines an advanced civilization as one that uses radio waves, which of course causes all sorts of issues (have they progressed beyond radio, do they exist and don't use radio, etc.) but is all in all an ok standard.

There is also a method for defining how advanced civilizations are, called The Kardashev Scale. There's an ATS discussion on THAT already.

[edit on 4/26/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Good topic, I would think that if aliens did have some type of protocal it probably would have to do with how advanced a civilization was. Also perhaps how enlightened a civilization was. Maybe it would take us being able to make a spaceship that could get to were they were then they might contact us.

I guess it also depends on what type of civilization they were not all intelligence would act, think, feel the same way as us. In the end it probably boils down to a variety of things that would not be the same from civilization to civilization.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by pompano
Good topic, I would think that if aliens did have some type of protocal it probably would have to do with how advanced a civilization was. Also perhaps how enlightened a civilization was. Maybe it would take us being able to make a spaceship that could get to were they were then they might contact us.

That's real selfish, and if they have any curiousity at all they'd be in for a big surprise. If you operated under those conditions you'd get nowhere. If they sat around waiting for us they hardly count as intelligent or advanced.

I would think they would have SOME standards. There's no point interacting with a primitive species, you won't get anywhere. Although you might help them a bit.

Be proactive!

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I think humankind will be considerd ~ADVANCED~........when life of ANY form is cherished and respected, and the humans realise that $money$ can NOT be eaten.
Untill that happens intrinsicly within the mass GLOBAL consciousness, we are but unpredictable and DANGEROUS creatures to the universe, let alone to our own planet, and our own kind...........

[edit on 26-4-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

Originally posted by pompano

That's real selfish, and if they have any curiousity at all they'd be in for a big surprise. If you operated under those conditions you'd get nowhere. If they sat around waiting for us they hardly count as intelligent or advanced.

I would think they would have SOME standards. There's no point interacting with a primitive species, you won't get anywhere. Although you might help them a bit.

Be proactive!

Selfish, Standards? Did you read the rest of what I wrote. Come on.... The universe is bigger than you or I could ever comprehend. Words and ideas like selfish and standards may not even be part of another civilizations vo
cabulary, if they have a vocabulary.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   
You are a space traveller. You come across two planets that are adjacent to each other. The first planet has all kinds of new and unknown technologies but is still militant and very commerce driven.

The other planet has lesser technology but everyone is well taken care of with sharing and community as an emphasis. No war, and no famine.

When America compares herself to third world countrys in terms of money and technology, sometimes we lag far behind in the community aspect.

2.5 million homeless. and 400 Billion in defense. No national health care, and a 300 Billion dollar war in Iraq. Seems a little out of balance.

Technology is in my opinion, not the barometer, but a tool tool allow coutrys with lesser means to do more with less.

Have we really gone forward or backwards in terms of humanity?

Peace

[edit on 27-4-2005 by HIFIGUY]

[edit on 27-4-2005 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Humans will be considered Advanced when we learn to get along and stop killing eachother in efforts to out-do eachother.

Right now, we are a very aggressive race. I assume any alien civilization out there looks at us as a giant fishbowl full of different kinds of fish. Who knows, maybe watching us is good for the Aliens bloodpressure. hehe

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Honestly, I think the Star Trek universe (and a few other sci-fi universes) were on the right path when they looked at first contact as a post war, current peace situation, with the new technology of faster than light/warp travel.

I think first contact is most likely to occur when we've finally gotten sick of war, and finally have peace in the world (unlikely to happen until war causes near global devastation), and people work together to further humanity, and not to fatten their own wallets.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Absolutely, but 65 Million years ago, when everything was dying and the only noticable living things were in the ocean, that was peaceful.

There needs to be a certain level of technological advancement to go along with serenity. As I said, there's no point contacting creatures who can only think about food, shelter, and reproduction even if they're peaceful.

Besides, our technology is the best thing we have working for a peaceful community here on Earth.

new topics

top topics

join