It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the hell are there loud commercials

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Dam why is it whenever it turns to commercial it gets so loud! Then if you switch to tother channels it either gets lower or louder. WHY CANT THERE BE JUST ONE #ING VOLUME FOR EACH STATION AND COMMERCIAL!

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Yep!
Totally agree.

That "Oxy Clean" dude really needs to stop screaming.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   
it's simple really, the advertisers want's you to hear what they have to offer. they make it louder so you still can hear when you to to the kitchen to get a beer.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Sooo,

The beer companies...Thats the reason for loud commercials!?
Sheer brilliance...Put a screaming dude on the TV pushing
floor polish..sell more beer..

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by duskboy
it's simple really, the advertisers want's you to hear what they have to offer. they make it louder so you still can hear when you to to the kitchen to get a beer.

THOSE BASTARD

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
LOL This is one my husband main pet peeves! All commercials if he is in the room gets muted....and why the hell are furniture commercials so friggin' screamy!?

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
First, the commercials are louder than the programs for a very good reason. Television costs money. The money for television programming comes from commercials ergo commercials are vital. Secondly, to simplify things, regular programming has a five volume, when a commercial comes on they push the volume to, say, eight. The programmers want people to notice their ads. It's as simple as that. Personally, I like the fact that ads are louder than the program, when I can't hear the ad, it tells me that it's time to put down my magazine, flush, and get back to the living room because The Dukes of Hazard are back on.....

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
If your TV or receiver has Dolby Digital sound, see if there is a way that you can enable dialogue normalization, which will keep volume levels stable for programs broadcast in dolby. The good news is that more programming is becoming dolby-enabled and hopefully the loud commercial issue & volume discrepancy issue by channel can be tamed.

Or get a Tivo or DVR and start watching your show ten minutes late so you can just fast-forward through the commercials.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56

Sigh, you've got it all wrong!

Why the hell are there commercials

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

Originally posted by Croat56

Sigh, you've got it all wrong!

Why the hell are there commercials

You got that right! Gotta say I hate pretty much all commercials, except the funny ones. The rest are either really annoying, or really clever with all their subliminal "buy me and you're life will be amazing" messages.

Down with commercials!

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

That "Oxy Clean" dude really needs to stop screaming.

They should replace him with Steve Balmer.

-Chris

new topics

top topics

join