It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright Lights over New England

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Last night a large flash could be scene from maine all te ay down to connecticut. It was reported by many as an orange light. I live in new england, but didnt see it. I just saw on the news that they say it was just a meteor. Is there a chance they are covering something up? Millions believed it to be an attack on the us or a plane crash, could the majority have been right? I myselft am not sure, and am swayed to stick with the news brodcast information saying it was just a meteor. Anyone have any thoughts.
www.msnbc.msn.com...
I am led to believe the news is right

apc

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
We had a similar phenomenon occur here in the midwest last year if I remember correctly.
The flash was even bright enough to show up on security camera recordings. People said it was bright orange/green, and it was officially explained as a meteor fireball.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Yeah, sounds like a meteor to me. If it were an attack or plane crash, where's the damage?

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
This weekend coincided with the oldest known regularly occurring annual meteor showers. It peaked Saturday but we are still passing through the edges of it. It would be no surprise at all to have a meteor light up the sky during this event.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
This weekend coincided with the oldest known regularly occurring annual meteor showers. It peaked Saturday but we are still passing through the edges of it. It would be no surprise at all to have a meteor light up the sky during this event.

Nope... Not a Lyrid, suprisingly enough! Here's what I just found SpaceWeath to have to say:

A brilliant green fireball streaked over New England last night, Sunday, April 24th, at about 8 pm EDT. What was it? Probably a small asteroid, sofa-sized or so, breaking up in Earth's atmosphere. Such space rocks hit Earth frequently, but they are seldom observed because they appear, e.g., during the day or over uninhabited ocean. This one, unlike most, broke up over a densely populated area during the dark of evening while many people were still awake to see it.

Contrary to some reports, the fireball was not a Lyrid meteor. The radiant of the Lyrid meteor shower was below the horizon at the time. Nor was it the Soyuz space capsule returning to Earth from the International Space Station. The Soyuz landed in Asia about three hours before the fireball appeared.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   
its the lead up to 2012 i rekon

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Living in Australia I don't think we get to see as many meteor showers do we?

top topics

join