It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Slogans For Labour & Tories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
There are only ten days left before polling day and both Labour & The Tories have suddently changed their campaign slogans.

Michael Howard stepped up this morning standing infront of a sign which read "Taking a stand on the issues that matter".

The more sinister "are you thinking what we're thinking" slogan seems to have gone.

A conspiracy theory has, however, yet to emerge as to why Labour has swapped its "forward not back" slogan for the line: "If you value it, vote for it". Just give it time.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
It certainly seems pretty clear that the tories have given up on actually forming the next UK gov and are now talking about 'a last chance to send a message to Tony Blair' which is a very very different thing.

I am pretty sure this appeal - which basically boils down to 'limit the size of the Labour win & majority, please' - will not escape the public consciousness.

I think it must be looking pretty grim & desparate for them if that is what they are reduced to.

Clearly Labour are sensibly fighting any sense of apathy or a reluctance for their support to come out and actually vote, thanks mainly due to the issue of the war.
Hence the tory/LibDem focus on it for the early part of this week.......something I think that will backfire on the tories as their own support for the war will be mentioned in tandem with this everytime they are questioned over their opportunist and deeply hypocritical stance.

I'm not sure the LibDems will get much more out of the issue that they haven'd had out of it to date.

[edit on 25-4-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   

It certainly seems pretty clear that the tories have given up on actually forming the next UK gov and are now talking about 'a last chance to send a message to Tony Blair' which is a very very different thing.

Agreed.
I never did think the tories will be gain power and i doubt it even more now, to be honest, i think tony will get a third go at it *sighs*

join