It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sanctions on n. korean missle company

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Full Story

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The Bush administration has slapped sanctions on a North Korean company for shipping missile technology to Yemen last December, even though it allowed Yemen to keep the missiles.

On July 17 the United States imposed missile proliferation sanctions on the North Korean company, Changgwang Sinyong Corp., for "knowing involvement" in the transfer of missile technology to Yemen, U.S. State Department spokesman Richard Boucher said Friday.

The sanctions were announced in the Federal Register Friday, adding to sanctions already in place against the company and the North Korean government.

~cnn.com

be careful bush administration, play with fire you get burned. this is probably the first in a series of things leading up to something bad in north korea.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Don't forget the proposed "blockade" to check all vessels entering and exiting N.Korean waters for drugs, etc.

I have not found out the full details on this and to the extent of 'what' is exactly being looked for but will continue to search.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Didn't the N Koreans say that any form of blockade would be treated as an act of war and they would respond accordingly? Perhaps they were bluffing? I don't like the NK situation, the longer it goes on for the messier the result will be.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 07:27 AM
link   
i think that something will happen within the next three months, to warrant some type of war. if the north goes ahead and tests a nuke, then i belive we will back off. but if they attack with a nuke, then it's the end. i don't know about either, but this is going to be very different from the Korean Conflict in the fifties

top topics

join