It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbiased media in action

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Unbelievable. Yet, very believable.

BBC send hecklers.....

Tory fury as BBC sends hecklers to bait Howard
By Patrick Hennessy, Political Editor
(Filed: 24/04/2005)

The BBC was last night plunged into a damaging general election row after it admitted equipping three hecklers with microphones and sending them into a campaign meeting addressed by Michael Howard, the Conservative leader.

The Tories have made an official protest after the hecklers, who were given the microphones by producers, were caught at a party event in the North West last week. Guy Black, the party's head of communications, wrote in a letter to Helen Boaden, the BBC's director of news, that the hecklers began shouting slogans that were "distracting and clearly hostile to the Conservative Party".

These included "Michael Howard is a liar", "You can't trust the Tories" and "You can only trust Tony Blair".

Not looking good for the people who claim the media is too conservative. First the CBS scandal, now this....
Nevertheless, I sure this type of stuff has been going on for years involving all political parties.

Is it even possible to have a completely unbiased media outlet?

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Equipping 3 hecklers with mic.s who were going to go heckling anyway or sending 3 people in to heckle?

I think there is a legitimate difference (and I doubt we'll be having the story made clear up anytime soon).

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
This was for a BBC3 program, BBC news is a completely unrelated section of the BBC. To use this as an example of bias within BBC news, is simply ignorant.

I also fail to see who is calling the media conservative, and what CBS news has to do with the BBC.

BBC news is often attacked by both Tories and Labour for favouring the other side, imo thats because they do the best job they can. Lets not forget that not so long ago, it was a Labour (thats the brit's version of America's democrats) government that, with the assistance of the Hutton report, admonished the reporting of BBC news, and in general dealt a rather devastating blow to the BBC.

I would continue about the Hutton report, but it would just end up as a Labour-bashing thread.. and I feel this thread is here to discuss the liberal monstrosity that is the BBC? hahahahaha....

So yes, believable yet very unbelievable, people will believe what they want to believe.

(cant believe this made it on to ATSNN)

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I actually watched the program last night on BBC3 to see what the fuss was about.
What a pathetic excuse for tories to attempt to get some air-time ........and as Squarepusher rightly says this was not a news program. This type of BBC3 show has as much need to do with being "unbiased" as 'Little Britain!
Talk about the tories trying to squeeze a little 'poor little us' victimhood publicity

The show was all about the lost 'art' of heckling in public political meetings......just as genuine public political meetings are a lost phenomenon having been replaced with hand-picked audiences of the political parties' 'fans'.

Anyone who actually watched the program who could come away with the idea that it was all about (or even partly about) the BBC 'attacking' the tory party is in need of some serious treatment and therapy regarding a sense of proportion and reality IMO.

new topics

top topics

join