It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After we die

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I am so confuse because i am christian and when i die i will go to heaven. But i am scared about dieing because i am not sure if i will go. And the talk about the end of the World is happening. Some body help me

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
First off, why are you not sure you'll go? Isn't that one of the big things about Christianity: ask forgiveness and receive it? If you're one of the denominations that believes a select few are pre-determined to make it, then you shouldn't worry about it; you'll either go or not, and it's my understanding you have no say in it.

Also, you shouldn't really look too much into the talk about the end of the world happening. People have been talking about that since time began. If it happens, it happens, and there isn't too much we can do about it. That goes double for the beliefs that the end is going to be religious in nature (ie the Tribulation). If it's an asteroid or something, then maybe, but not if the dead are going to rise from their graves or something.

Don't worry about it, just live a good life and don't step on too many toes. That's the way I've always interpreted the rules in the bible at least.

BTW: I don't think this belongs in Conspiracies & Religions; there's a BTS topic for stuff along these lines (although it can be argued that the whole Heaven/Hell thing is a conspiracy to keep people in check, and if you're worried about that then it could be relevant
)

EDIT: I see someone else was thinking along the same lines as I was...

[edit on 4/23/2005 by MCory1]

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Out of curiosity, how old are you?

Have you talked to your Priest about your fears? He may be able to help ease your anxiety.

People may talk about the end of the world happening but they have been talking about that for thousands of years. There will always be the doomsdayers that say the end of the world is coming in one month, one year, ten years. You can't spend your life living in fear of it.

If you are doubting that you will go to heaven because of something you are doing I would suggest not doing whatever it is that you think will keep you from heaven. Simple as that.

Jemison

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I am 13 I know i will go to heaven. But what if when we die we lay there and life is over

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Well, if that's the way it is, there isn't really too much we can do about it, is there? Just have fun and enjoy the ride.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
YA lets all enjoy life

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by gothica91
I am so confuse because i am christian and when i die i will go to heaven. But i am scared about dieing because i am not sure if i will go. And the talk about the end of the World is happening. Some body help me

So you have just accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. Welcome to the family. Its no small decision that you just made. The most important thing for you to do now, is read the Word, and stay in fellowship with the body of Christ. Some how, some way, God brought you this far ... and its likely he used his children to help you along. Keep those people in mind. Since you are brand new to Christ, the next thing that will come to you is .... satan.
I have yet to meet a child of Christ that was not tempted after accepting Christ.

Jesus was even tempted of satan after being baptized

Mat 4:2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.
Mat 4:3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
Mat 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

I don't think its part of Gods plan.... I think it is satan trying to hold on to you. You are leaving him and he gets pretty mad about that.
First, he is going to try to make you doubt your salvation with things like 'I don't feel any different' , 'I guess God didn't want me' , 'maybe I was too bad and not worthy', 'my old church doesn't like me anymore...this cant be right'. He will send old 'friends' to you that will help to tempt you with your old ways. REMEMBER THIS. Satan cant take you away from God. So he tries to get YOU to walk away from God and your salvation. don't fall for it. This is why you must stay in fellowship with other believers.

2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

For the doubt, think of it like this. God said he wouldn't bring it up. He will forget all about your past. Just forget it, and follow God. In other words, Go Forward with Christ. If you accept word for word, your salvation, then don't look back. There is no need to. Faith.

Rom 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Rom 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

From this point on, you are a soldier of God. God will use you to reach others. Prayer is powerful, and you will eventually be able to look back and see prayers answered. Check out the praise section and testimony section of this site. You will be posting there one day. Always seek the will of the Father. He will NEVER leave you....even if you feel otherwise one day... you MUST know and understand..He will never leave you. Please remember those words. Burn them in your mind. I cant say it enough. He will NEVER leave you. It is when your at your lowest point, ... when you have all but given up...but you remember those words... That God will life you up and show you things you never dreamed were possible. Keep your faith through all things, good and bad, and you will be used by God to do mighty works. The evil one will always try to get in your way....but when you follow the will of the Father, you will run over evil like a steam roller.

Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

1Co 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

1Co 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

1Pe 4:19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

new topics

top topics

join