It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Hasan Akbar Found Guilty of Murder in Court-Martial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Army Sergeant Hasan Akbar was found guilty of both murder and attempted murder today by a military jury in a court-martial investigating his attack on fellow soldiers in Kuwait in the early days of the Iraq war. The Muslim man claims he committed the crime because he didn't want U.S. troops killing other Muslims. Punishment will be decided in a hearing beginning on Monday. Akbar faces a possible death penalty on the charges.

abcnews.go.com
FORT BRAGG, N.C. Apr 21, 2005 — An Army sergeant was convicted Thursday by a military jury of premeditated murder and attempted murder in a grenade and rifle attack that killed two of his comrades and wounded 14 others in Kuwait during the opening days of the Iraq war.

Hasan Akbar, 33, now faces a possible death penalty, which the 15-member jury will consider at a hearing that begins Monday.

Prosecutors say Hasan Akbar, 33, told investigators he launched the attack because he was concerned U.S. troops would kill fellow Muslims in Iraq. They said he coolly carried out the attack to achieve "maximum carnage."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This guy is the lowest of the low, attacking fellow soldiers with a grenade during wartime. If he couldn't handle a war situation against a middle eastern nation, he should have never joined the U.S. military. He deserves the death penalty.

Related News Links:
www.usatoday.com

[edit on 4/21/2005 by djohnsto77]

[edit on 4/21/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Nice to know that justice has been served in this case.

Too bad the military cannot use the same methods he did when he is executed.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Do they still do the firing squad? I think it would be very appropriate for this scum. I just don't get and probably never will get what compelled him to do it. And I don't buy his story...so...

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I went to high school with Captain Christopher Seifert, and in my hometown, the news of Sgt. Akbar's conviction was very welcome indeed.

I'll be posting my thoughts on all of this in my blog when I can collect my thoughts, but suffice to say I'm happy that his killer has been found guilty. Now we have to wait to see if he receives the death penalty. Death penalty is administered via lethal injection in the US military.

join