It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

33, The number of the mighty and few!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   
This is a question for all the free masons here on ATS regarding the number 33. I am not a mason myself, yet whenever I talk about this magical number with my friends or family I seem to encounter it more and more. For example) A few days ago I checked my e-mail in box "33 messages unread" the same day I logged on to play some texas hold-em poker.. yet and behold the first hand I received was a pair of threes. My best guess is that I encounter the number 33 around 10+ times per day now. But the more I mention it to anyone the greater the occurrence happens.

I had done a bit of reading on this number and have found it to have some very interesting qualities.

First..... Baghdad, Iraq is at 33°33'N latitude.

Second.... The place where 33°30'N, meets 33°30'E, is near the Southern end of the island of Cypress, in the Mediterranean Sea, believed to host vast, unexplored archaeological resources from nearby ancient cultures, allegedly even the lost city of Atlantis.

Third....Hiroshima, Japan, is very nearly situated at the intersection of 133°30'E longitude and 33°30'N latitude. Nagasaki is near the 33°30'N (Where the Atomic Bombs were dropped during World War II.

Seeing as this number is the highest degree you can achieve in freemasonry,

(A double-headed eagle with an illumined triangle balanced on its crown, with a "33" emblazoned within.)

I was wondering what significance it has in many of your lives today? I've also noticed that the illuminated triangle seen in this picture resembles a Tri-Force.

How can one single number be so influential and so mysterious as to show up only when talked about? It seems like our own subconscious mind has a strong connection to that number.

Please enlighten me with some more knowledge about the number of the mighty and few.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
33:

A significant number in modern numerology, as it is one of the master numbers along with 11 and 22.

Many people claim that they see, witness, or experience the number 33 in unusual circumstances or at a frequency that defies statistical likelihood. A popular website [1] (home.earthlink.net...) dedicated to this repdigit, and such experiences of it, hosts comments by many such people, as well as other related resources.

A highly significant number to the Freemasons, and is one of their sacred numbers, recurring profusely throughout their 'Dogma' (as Albert Pike calls it), rituals and other miscellaneous places.

33 is the smallest integer that can not be expressed as a sum of different triangular numbers. It is also the smallest odd repdigit that's not prime (unless we consider 1-digit integers to also be repdigits).

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enigmatic_Messiah
33:

A significant number in modern numerology, as it is one of the master numbers along with 11 and 22.

Many people claim that they see, witness, or experience the number 33 in unusual circumstances or at a frequency that defies statistical likelihood. A popular website [1] (home.earthlink.net...) dedicated to this repdigit, and such experiences of it, hosts comments by many such people, as well as other related resources.

A highly significant number to the Freemasons, and is one of their sacred numbers, recurring profusely throughout their 'Dogma' (as Albert Pike calls it), rituals and other miscellaneous places.

33 is the smallest integer that can not be expressed as a sum of different triangular numbers. It is also the smallest odd repdigit that's not prime (unless we consider 1-digit integers to also be repdigits).

en.wikipedia.org...

Thank you for your reply... I want to know more of any personal experiences with the number 33. If you wish, feel free to share your experiences and I will tell you more about mine.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
Seeing as this number is the highest degree you can achieve in freemasonry,

Except it's not. The Sublime Degree of Master Mason, The Third Degree, is the "Highest Degree" in Freemasonry (please use the ATS Search function for just how many times this has been discussed).

www.masonicinfo.com...

Let the "contorted" denials begin...

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   

This is a question for all the free masons here on ATS regarding the number 33. I am not a mason myself, yet whenever I talk about this magical number with my friends or family I seem to encounter it more and more. For example) A few days ago I checked my e-mail in box "33 messages unread" the same day I logged on to play some texas hold-em poker.. yet and behold the first hand I received was a pair of threes. My best guess is that I encounter the number 33 around 10+ times per day now. But the more I mention it to anyone the greater the occurrence happens.

I'm pretty sure I know what's happening to you as this happened to Lt. Commander Data once. Data reported 2085 unusual occurrences of the number 3 in one staff meeting. It was the plot of TNG Epsiode 118 "Cause and Effect". It would seem you're stuck in a groundhog day time loop and have programmed yourself to send messages back to inadvertantly create occurances of the number three to escape. The solution is to look for someone with 3 pips on their collar and do whatever they say. Or just quit looking for 3's.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Mirthful Me,

If what you were saying were to be true, please explain the picture I posted. It clearly shows degrees 4-33 in Scottish Rite Masonry. And the picture shown is taken of an official masonic website.

www.masons.sk.ca...

It shows the first 3 degrees you speak of (1. Entered Apprentice, 2. Fellow Craft, 3. Master Mason) but can you please explain to me why it then branches off into secret master, perfect master, grand pontiff ect?

If there truly are only 3 "set degrees" then why are others listed???

Also please keep your "constructive criticism" down to a murmur as it seems to be more rampant on ATS these days.

by Mirthful Me
The highest Degree in Freemasonry is the Third Degree, the Sublime Degree of Master Mason. The 32nd and 33rd (Honorary) Degrees are a part of the Scottish Rite Masonry (Northern or Southern Jurisdiction in the U.S. and that is what we are talking about here), not Freemasonry, and have no bearing whatsoever on the Blue Lodge. Really... Honest... No kidding.

Please tell me the difference between Scottish Rite Masonry and Freemasonry?

[edit on 4-21-2005 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

I'm pretty sure I know what's happening to you as this happened to Lt. Commander Data once. Data reported 2085 unusual occurrences of the number 3 in one staff meeting. It was the plot of TNG Epsiode 118 "Cause and Effect". It would seem you're stuck in a groundhog day time loop and have programmed yourself to send messages back to inadvertantly create occurances of the number three to escape. The solution is to look for someone with 3 pips on their collar and do whatever they say. Or just quit looking for 3's.

Funny thing is I watched that exact episode a few months ago

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
33 is the number of vertebrae in the human spine.

33 is the number of "paths" on the most common depiction of the Tree of Life in Kabbalah.

And if you think that Masonry and Kabbalah don't connect, then keep reading.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   

There are "other" degrees in Freemasonry...DOZENS of them. But none are "higher" than the Third Degree...the Sublime Degree of "Master Mason" Once one is a "Master" there's nothing "higher" Some of the other degrees have higher numbers but are only "additions" to the Master's Degree...not "higher degrees"

Please tell me the difference between Scottish Rite Masonry and Freemasonry?

The Ancient & Accepted Scottish Rite is a system of degrees that a Master Mason may (or may not) choose to join. They are very beautiful and impressive degrees (in my opinion) and add much to the teachings of the three Craft Degrees (Entered Apprentice, Fellow Craft and Master Mason) So when I say "I'm a 32nd Degree Freemason" (which I am) it doesn't mean I'm MORE of a Mason or a "higher" degree Mason than someone who's received the Third Degree. It just means I'm a member of the Scottish Rite branch of Freemasonry.

See: www.srmason-sj.org...

The York Rite is yet another system of Freemasonry that builds upon the foundation of the Craft Lodge (E.A, F.C. and M.M. Degrees) but is no "higher" than those degrees....just additional information that a Mason MAY choose to become a part of.

See: www.yorkrite.com...

A Master Mason may join either or BOTH the York Rite and Scottish Rite, or he may choose to join neither.

Besides those two "Rites" there are MANY other "appendant" Masonic groups, like the Allied Masonic Degrees, the Royal Order of Scotland, the Knight Masons, the Shriners, Order of the Eastern Star, etc. etc. Some a Master Mason may join if he wants to and some he must be INVITED by members of the group to join.

Freemasonry is a very complex organization. In fact, the structure I just described is the "basic" structure for the U.S.A. It varies in other countries...sometimes greatly.

Regards,

Senrak,
(Member of a dozen or so such Masonic groups)

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enigmatic_Messiah

Actually, he number 33 is not important to masons at all. Aside from being an honorary degree, there's nothing more to it. The numbers 3 and 5 are VERY important, on the other hand.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   

If what you were saying were to be true, please explain the picture I posted. It clearly shows degrees 4-33 in Scottish Rite Masonry. And the picture shown is taken of an official masonic website.

www.masons.sk.ca...

It shows the first 3 degrees you speak of (1. Entered Apprentice, 2. Fellow Craft, 3. Master Mason) but can you please explain to me why it then branches off into secret master, perfect master, grand pontiff ect?

The other degrees listed are those of APPENDANT BODIES. The chart you posted shows the two most popular branches of masonry, the York Rite on the left (with 10 degrees) and the Scottish Rite on the right (with 33 degrees). They are not "Rregular" masonry, they are additional organization that a mason can join once he has reached the third degree. You will see that on the other side are only TEN appendant degrees of the York Rite.

A mason can join either rite, both, or none. So if a mason was to join the scottish rite, he would be a 3rd degree Master Mason and a 32nd degree Scottish Rite mason. The 33rd degree is an honorary degree for exceptional service to the Scottish Rite branch of Freemasonry.

Additionally, there is an appendant body that was once very popular, called the Memphis Rite, which has 97 DEGREES!!!! Does this mean that a 97 degree mason is "higher ranking" than a 33 degree mason? Not at all, because they are ADDITIONAL DEGREES that one can get IN ADDITION TO 3rd degree Master Mason.

[edit on 21-4-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Thank you everyone for your input. After reading up on masonry I have found it to be a lot more complex then previously thought. I am might think of joining after I find out more information about them. I have talked to the grand secretary at my lodge in my city. And hope to visit the lodge soon.

I understand the appendant body degrees now. Thank you sebatwerk and senrak for the useful info. A few of my friends are also masons and now I wish to talk with them further about the topic of joining and what masonry truly entails. I hope to dispel the Luciferian worship assumptions as well. As a few people I know tell me not to join because of this.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
It is also found on the backside of Rolling Rock bottles.

www.rollingrock.com...

More info on 33 and Rolling Rock, and just some info on 33 itself, can be found here -

www.snopes.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Susquehanna
It is also found on the backside of Rolling Rock bottles.

www.rollingrock.com...

More info on 33 and Rolling Rock, and just some info on 33 itself, can be found here -

www.snopes.com...

haha Rolling Rock Beer Number one choice of beer for Freemasons. "Warning goes down smooth and may cause blindness because of extreme illumination"

top topics

join