It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doom Claws!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   

thred died.....

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Are you talking about hydraulically assisted arms that lets a human being lift a ton of armor with ease?

And going further, are you talking about fists that can rend apart tanks?

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
it dident die after all! nice to know.

and no, i wasent refering to things that could multiply human strenght, although in order to make the claws extend and retract, they might have to be hydrolic.

riping appart tanks? i supose everything is possible, but you know, that might be just a tiny bit hard to manufacture without huge goverment/corprate funding. and a lab.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
So I know this thread is looooonnnngg dead But I just thought I'd throw it out there that I've been working on a cat claw design that uses a pulley system. It would be super light weight and completely under your control. I don't wanna go in depth because I don't think anyone will read this. Any way.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
the problem is - lack of room in the human hand / arm

please look at :

pic one - the gross anatomy of the human arm bones

pic 2 - the gross anatomy of the human hand

where are you going to ` stow ` the claw ?

it is not a trick question

the human arm / hand is a magnificent limb - and radically different to the limbs / paws of creatures with retractable claws

heck - just hold your arm up and watch it while you exercise a gull range of movements from the elbow down

having 300mm " doom claws " may sound cool - but you will loose the movement in at least on joint while they are retracted - which defeats the usefulness of your hand

if you want to slice and dice someone - get a sword and learn to use it - simples

top topics

<< 1   >>

join