It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robots and Cammel Jokey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
With the ever increasing use of robots for millitary and industral applacations a Jokey still seems suprising, but it seems it is hapening.

But this jockey wasn't the usual underfed boy. The jockey was a robot.

Under the watchful eyes of his Swiss developer and Qatari owners, the robot -- dubbed Kamel -- rode a racing camel for 1.5 miles, reaching speeds of 25 miles per hour in a non-competitive trial run.

By 2007, rulers of this energy-rich emirate say all camel racers will be mechanical.

www.cnn.com...

Given the conditions that the jokey lives in, and how they are sometimes found, it is littley wonder that the Gov has turned to robots. All in all it seems like this will be another interesting chapter in the history of humans on this plannet.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   
So, some of the wealthy elites have decided to start using robots instead of enslaving other human beings (little boys) for their sport. Now if we could only get someone to make little girl/boy robots to replace their little girl/boy sex slaves.

[edit on 21-4-2005 by outsider]

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
A good point Outsider.
Although I do think that one will take a little bit longer to make work.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red Golem
A good point Outsider.
Although I do think that one will take a little bit longer to make work.

Are you kidding? With the market they'd have I'm surprised no one's done it yet. If someone ever decided to move in that direction they'd go from nothing to a working prototype in a week--I'd bet a dime to a dollar on that.

Regarding the original post: does this mean that one of the long standing racial slurs must be rethought? The first thing I thought when I saw "Camel Jockey" in the header was "Man, this is gonna be a good flame match..." I hate to admit my dissappointment
(j/k)

That does lead me to wonder when we're going to get robot replacements in other sports. At least then we can stop hearing people complain about salary caps and going on strike.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Mcory,
I dont really know if the market would be quite as demanding as you stated, but will let the experts and enginers in the field decided that.
As to robots in other sports, that is a good point. Useing robots in some other sports that uses dangerous machines, or even just horse raceing. The Tech is obviousaly there, and it might even be cheaper.

top topics

join