It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumsfeld and Saddam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   

It's funny how it's ok for Rumsfeld to shake hands with the tyrant when he's making money out of it isn't it?

[Edited on 24-7-2003 by John Nada]

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 03:02 PM
link   
This is one of the nicest snapshots out of the Bush administration family album, but blurry, doesn't get Rumsfeld's combined sense of joy and exultation with ominous pondering and homicidal intent well enough.

It is, as they will say, ancient history!

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I expected more of a responce than this. Come on people what do you think of the picture? (especially all you people who have faith in your government)

Do you think Rumsfeld you should be working for the Administration?

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Always glad to be one to respond to an intelligent poster, JN.

By the way, is your head still in Reno? I never did hear back about that crazy thing you dun.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Maybe his(Rumsfeld) handshake is like a "final goodbye" obviously this was taken b4 the invasion of Iraq.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada

It's funny how it's ok for Rumsfeld to shake hands with the tyrant when he's making money out of it isn't it?

[Edited on 24-7-2003 by John Nada]

Best buddies really after handshake a hug

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I would like to know when the picture was taken.

If it was during the Cold War, Rumsfeldt really had no choice.
Middle East oil had to stay out of Soviet hands.
If it hadn't we would all be living life under a patchwork Communist regime by now.

Don't get me wrong. I find the picture distasteful. But the truth is that sometimes politicians and other people have to do things that are distasteful.

And sometimes they make genuine mistakes.
Anyone remember the praise that was heaped upon Hitler by the Allies before the outbreak of the Second World War?

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 05:29 AM
link   
My understanding is it was pre-Gulf War 1.

USA was very friendly with Iraq in the removal of a certain Iranian Public Enemy #1.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Go back to the "craziest thing..." thread for the answer to that MA.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The picture was taken between 81 and 83, I think. During the Reagan admin Rummy was sent as an envoy to help Saddam with business and military transfers between the US and Iraq. During the Iran/Iraq war the US gave huge amounts of money and supplies to Iraq in it's fight against Iran. We back the tyrant when there is someting else to fear (read Khomeni) and when there is a buck to be made.
During the trip Rummy said "Stop using chemical weapons (hehehe) Here is some capital so that you can buy chemical weapon precursors from Germany.. I mean build your infrastructure, yeah that's it.. infrastructure."

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by observer

During the Iran/Iraq war the US gave huge amounts of money and supplies to Iraq in it's fight against Iran. We back the tyrant when there is someting else to fear (read Khomeni) and when there is a buck to be made.

During the Irak-Iran war, many nations were supporting Saddam's Irak. The USA, England, Germany, France, Italy, The Soviet Union and even China.

In Europe, we remember something about France. When France was solding 10K artillery shells to Irak, France was solding 10K artillery shells to Iran. France was solding the same ammount of weapons and ammo to the both part. Pretty smart these frenchies.It doesn't count who win, they will be allways friend with the winner and the loser.

Bizness is bizness.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
Pretty smart these frenchies.It doesn't count who win, they will be allways friend with the winner and the loser.

Bizness is bizness.

Looks like they were immitating the belgium in ww2, let the polish getting exterminated by the germans and don't take part in the conflict. Or the US in vietnam war, they were selling weapons to both north and south vietnam.

bizness is bizness.

[Edited on 25-7-2003 by Salem]

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Salem

Looks like they were immitating the belgium in ww2, let the polish getting exterminated by the germans and don't take part in the conflict.

Salem, WW2 officialy started when Poland has been overunned by the Germans by the West and by the Soviet Union by the East.
In retaliations, France and Great-Brittain declared war to Germany, so the WW2 was officialy starting.

Belgium, Luxemburg and Netherlands said they were neutral ( as Sweden and Switzerland were ), but the nazis didn't mind and attacked us.

Belgium, Netherlands and Luxemburg were 3 little nation, without any power and were ABSOLUTELY unable to fight against Germany. Attacking the nazis was a national suicide, so these 3 nation tryed to stay neutral. Many Germans High-Ranking officers tryed to convince Hitler that he had to respect our neutrality, but he didn't mind and ordered to attack us.

Then, I don't see where is your point since we were unable to fight against Germany. I bet in your next post you'll write that we had to declare war to the Soviet Union, because they were attacking Poland by the East ?

new topics

top topics

join