It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalism Against Judaism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOS
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

So do you think the two religions are the motivating factor in this conflict, or, as you mentioned in your other post, it is more so actors beyond those religions?

I actually had to think about this question for a while before answering. The short (but smaller) answer is, I think it is a combination of both. However, the reasoning behind the decisions being made on both sides are the bigger issue, and those reasons are more connected than they may appear at first glance.

There's almost no question in my mind that part of the motivation for the events taking place in the region are ideological...on both sides. (Man, I could probably write a book on this subject, just now thinking about it). But it's much larger than that.

On the one hand you have a government bureaucracy which has an agenda. At the same time, you have a people who have an ideology (again, on both sides). On the other hand, you have an entire World watching...whom, not so incidentally, also have both an agenda and various ideologies. The actions of a government are not always clear for a variety of reasons. I would be remiss if I didn't say one of these reasons is...money (i.e. aid, military support, trade, etc). Further complicating this landscape you also have foreign relations with other countries which can have a direct effect on the above. And, to add complete insult to injury, then you have the World MSM. Dump all those things into a pot, stir it up, and you've just mixed up a batch of highly explosive goo.

So, I haven't answered your question, and candidly I'm not sure I can. However, I'm not really sure anyone can answer your question(s) definitively. There's too much spin doctoring going on, on all sides. AND, to the subject of this entire thread, the media is at the root of all of this. In a way, the question you've asked really can't be answered until another more fundamental question is asked (and answered) first. And this question is, simply, does Israel have a right to exist? Depending on how one answers this question will determine how your questions can be answered. THAT question is much more difficult to answer. Even more candidly, I'm not sure anyone can answer this question once and for all. Furthermore, I don't think I need to tell anyone here what the Israeli's answer to this question would be, and equally I don't think I need to tell anyone what the Arab world's answer to this question would be. So, what's the right answer?

I'll give a slight hint of at least part of my answer to the $64,000 question posed above... Any country and its people have a right to exist. However, like all other countries and peoples since the dawn of man, a civilization and it's people need to be able to defend their right to exist...whatever that takes...and they need to do it ON THEIR OWN! They cannot hide behind another, more powerful, nation and expect them to come to their rescue when the going gets tough. And, this is exactly some of what we are seeing going on in the world today. No political structure is entitled to exist just because someone said so, and all of the members of that society, in lockstep with their leadership, need to be willing to fight to the last drop of blood to defend that liberty as they pursue it. Liberty is never free, and it never has been, religious or otherwise.

So, there is my answer.

edit - I can tell you, as a person who has worked and traveled pretty much everywhere on the globe, if there is any doubt about the people I've described above and their convictions to their beliefs, allow me to put that to rest. I had to carry two passports when traveling abroad. One of them was for travel where stamps from Israel would be used, and the other was a passport where all other stamps would be used. The reason was, many Arab/Muslim countries would deny access to anyone who had an Israeli stamp in their passport as it was not recognized and therefore invalidated the document entirely. You could travel the other way (i.e. from one of those countries TO Israel, but never back...with the same passport). This was back in the mid to late 90's when they still used stamps, and today much of the travel process is done electronically, so I don't know if it's still the same, but it was definitely something you didn't mess around with back then.

edit on 5/10/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
You clearly have no knowledge about the history of "embedded journalists".

My knowledge of the history of journalists is just fine.

The only people who don't want journalists in combat zones are people hiding war crime.

Nobody said anything about not wanting them in the war zone. The fact of the matter is IT'S A WAR ZONE AND PEOPLE DIE. If you don't want to die, then stay out of a war zone. Not sure what part of that can't sink into your little brain.

You are such an utter piece of trash of a human to even use these lines of thinking...

blah blah blah ... I think the exact same thing about you.

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Sorry for the late reply FCD!

Thanks for taking the time to answer, I think i understand where you’re coming from.

Complicated situation to say the least.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join