It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Rep. Ken Buck is exiting Congress early, further eroding GOP majority

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 01:48 PM
link   

WASHINGTON — Rep. Ken Buck, R-Colo., who frequently defied his own party and announced last fall he would not seek re-election, said Tuesday he will resign from Congress at the end of next week, further shrinking the GOP's already razor-thin majority.

"Today I am announcing that I will depart Congress at the end of next week," Buck said in a statement. "I look forward to staying involved in our political process, as well as spending more time in Colorado and with my family."

Source

Buck has expressed his dissatisfaction with the direction the GOP has been going for a while now. A few months back he said that he would not be seeking re-election this year. Now, in a surprising turn, Buck has announced he will be leaving office at the end of next week.

Due to other members of the GOP leaving office early, Buck'a departure will give the GOP only a five seat majority in the House. In other words, Johnson can only afford to lose two votes on any given piece of legislature.

With how close we are to November's election, it will interesting to see if Colorado goes forward with a special election to appoint an interim Representative to hold the seat until January.
edit on 12-3-2024 by Threadbarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

www.abovetopsecret.com...
already posted.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Threadbarer

www.abovetopsecret.com...
already posted.

closed