It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservatives Portray Democrats as "Against People of Faith"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Tell me Devilwasp that the NYT is not a liberal paper? This is funny.

CONSERVATIVES PORTRAY DEMOCRATS AS 'AGAINST PEOPLE OF FAITH'

WASHINGTON, April 14 - As the Senate heads toward a showdown over the rules governing judicial confirmations, Senator Bill Frist, the majority leader, has agreed to join a handful of prominent Christian conservatives in a telecast portraying Democrats as "against people of faith" for blocking President Bush's nominees.

Fliers for the telecast, organized by the Family Research Council and scheduled to originate at a Kentucky megachurch the evening of April 24, call the day "Justice Sunday" and depict a young man holding a Bible in one hand and a gavel in the other. The flier does not name participants, but under the heading "the filibuster against people of faith," it reads: "The filibuster was once abused to protect racial bias, and it is now being used against people of faith."

Organizers say they hope to reach more than a million people by distributing the telecast to churches around the country, over the Internet and over Christian television and radio networks and stations.

Frist Set to Join Religious Effort on Judicial Issue

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Umm...they have been doing that alot longer than recently. I have listened to right wing talk radio for the past five years and I can safely say that conservatives have definitley done a good job of portraying these "illiberal, anti-god, anti-people, anti-life, anti...yaddayaddayadda liberals" as being the party of the anti-religious folks and, of course, the anti-christ.

BTW, devil, the NYT is truly liberal. They may have one or two conservative stories a week, but it does not compare to the mountains of liberalism that is dripping off of that paper.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Oh no, we agree?

Oh my, what to do now....

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Actually what the "Conservatives" has done very well is to bring the issues of morality and religion into their politics to attract the population.

They have been very good bringing the Issues of abortion, same sex marriage as been anti christian and anti moral issues seek by "liberals"

Like that they had done a greater job keeping the people hook on what ifs, instead of more realistic and more pressing issues like economy moral issues.

The truth is that abortion seems to be more important than the deficit and gay marriage is more important that our budget cuts and the precarious state of our education.

Yes they have been very sucessful in re-directing priorities.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   

he truth is that abortion seems to be more important than the deficit and gay marriage is more important that our budget cuts and the precarious state of our education.

I dont usually worry about Bushs domistic policys because they dont affect me however a poor education system in the USA means trouble for the rest of the world. The USA has no hope of staying the number 1 superpower if soliders of the future cant read.
Where will be the US much lauded tec then?

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Actually what the "Conservatives" has done very well is to bring the issues of morality and religion into their politics to attract the population.

:
Yes, a nicely studied method indeed. praise the lord.

Evil has many disguises.
I'm a liberal so i must be a devil worshipper.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Yes, a nicely studied method indeed. praise the lord.

Evil has many disguises.
I'm a liberal so i must be a devil worshipper.

Tell you what Dg, I have been targeted for my views here in this boards like crazy, so I guess I am seen a devil advocate liberal also.

Praise the lord.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043Tell you what Dg, I have been targeted for my views here in this boards like crazy, so I guess I am seen a devil advocate liberal also.

Praise the lord.

The irony in this staement say it all......

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Edsinger: So Liberal by your definition means erudite & balanced? Then you have the NYT as liberal. Else, you're just hick-ing it up again & getting riled up by that thar big city paper!

Frist is a bigger more festering scum bag than Trent Lott - may they reap the righteous backlash that will wash over them for tweaking the Fascist Christians one time too many!

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
The conservatives have been painting the Dems badly for a long time. They were the minority for quite a while. It's only recently that the "anti-Christian" movement has really hit the mainstream.

Are Democrats anti-Religion or anti Christian? No, I don't think that it's inherant to party members, but there is a vocal subset of them that are.

Christian bashing is certainly an easy blow because all Christians are hypocrits by nature. If they weren't, they would be Christ himself because we are all to blame for sin.

top topics

join